Digital TV News: OBS
UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
Nov 24, 2020 – FreeWheel has revealed that 70% of UK marketers surveyed expect Advanced TV ad spend to grow in the next 12 months. Advanced TV refers to VOD, connected TV, OTT, audience-based linear advertising, programmatic advertising and addressable TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
Nov 19, 2020 – Nielsen (NLSN) has unveiled an ID resolution system that will underpin its measurement products in a cookieless world. Nielsen will continue to deliver people-based measurement even as existing identifiers can no longer be relied upon.
News categories: Nielsen, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
Azuri announces 'always on' PAYG solar TV for Kenya
Nov 4, 2020 – Azuri Technologies has announced its latest generation of PayGo solar powered TV, the TV400. The product combines a solar power system with a 32" TV, allowing all day viewing as well as for at least 10 hours at night.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Smart TV
Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
Oct 28, 2020 – Promwad has developed a video conferencing solution for STBs and Smart TV. The platform allows TV subscribers to organize joint viewing of movies and sports programs, launch stream-sharing, and make video calls from Android TV and RDK STBs.
News categories: Promwad, Ivan Kuten, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
LCD TV makers plan aggressive TV display purchasing for 2021
Oct 27, 2020 – According to Omdia, total LCD TV panel shipments are set to decline by 6% in 2021. However, the global top 15 TV brands want to grow their LCD TV shipments to new highs, up 9% YoY, if they are able to secure panel supply.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Oct 15, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has released the latest edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report found that video viewing soared as consumers were forced to hunker down at home.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
COVID-19 effect on video ad performance and media consumption continued in Q2
Aug 19, 2020 – As the pandemic continues, so does its impact on the video advertising ecosystem, shows a report from Extreme Reach. Following a drop in Q1, the share of video impressions served to connected TV platforms in the U.S. rose to 40% in Q2.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Big Data, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
Aug 5, 2020 – Survata has launched an enhanced suite of CTV measurement capabilities. The two cornerstones of the enhancements are a new Targeting Verification technology and expanded scale of the Survata Digital Network.
News categories: Survata, Chris Kelly, Scott Symonds, Jonah Goodhart, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5