Digital TV News: OECD
High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
Jul 29, 2021 – High-speed fibre Internet subscriptions surpassed copper-wire DSL connections across OECD countries for the first time in 2020 as the need to move work and home life activities online during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: OECD, Broadband, COVID-19, Digital TV, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
May 6, 2021 – Strategy Analytics-Teligen has introduced a benchmarking system that compares communication service offers across all permutations of services bundles in accordance with the recently approved OECD methodology.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Josie Sephton, Bernadette Finn, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Pay TV prices driven down by promotional activity says Strategy Analytics
Jun 29, 2017 – According to Strategy Analytics, the average price of the cheapest basic Pay TV package has declined by 1.3% versus November 2016. This price decline is due to an increase in promotional activity.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Halvor Sannæs, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Strategy Analytics finds big price differences between pay TV providers
Jan 26, 2017 – The Teligen division of Strategy Analytics has released a report showing significant differences in Pay TV prices even between providers in the same country. The study also shows great variation in the structures and underlying technologies of the Pay TV offers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Halvor Sannæs, Edouard Bouffenie, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Pay TV prices remain stable in most countries
Jul 7, 2016 – Strategy Analytics has released a report showing significant differences in Pay TV prices both across countries, and between providers in the same country. The study also shows great variation in the structures and underlying technologies of the Pay TV offers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Halvor Sannaes, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Broadband Commission releases country-by-country data on broadband access worldwide
Sep 22, 2014 – Over 50% of the global population will have Internet access within three years' time, according to the 2014 edition of the UN Broadband Commission's State of Broadband report.
News categories: Broadband Commission, Dr Hamadoun I. Toure, Irina Bokova, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
TeliaSonera Selects the Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi System for its Nordic IPTV Services
Sep 29, 2008 – Ruckus Wireless™ has announced that TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) has selected its MediaFlex™ Smart Wi-Fi system to provide customers with wireless distribution of the 'Telia Digital-TV' IPTV service throughout their homes.
News categories: Ruckus Wireless, TeliaSonera, BBWF, Denmark, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Router, Smart Home, Sweden
OECD broadband statistics (June 2007)
Nov 5, 2007 – Over the past year, the number of broadband subscribers in the OECD increased 24% from 178 million in June 2006 to 221 million subscribers in June 2007. Broadband penetration rates increased from 15.1 in June 2006 to 18.8 subscriptions per 100 inhabitants one year later.
News categories: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Broadband Statistics Portal, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Broadband, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden