Digital TV News: OSN
Arabic-speaking countries to add 13 million SVOD subscribers
Aug 17, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 28 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2029, up from 15 million in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with Netgem
Jul 5, 2023 – Netgem has announced that it will be powering Connect Fibre TV's new TV service in the UK, based on Netgem's streaming solution for ISPs and delivered through Netgem's 4K TV box.
News categories: Netgem, Connect Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Deryck Shepherd, Content Distribution, Finance, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
Jun 8, 2023 – Irdeto and OSN have signed a contract for Irdeto to provide itsApp Watch, anti-piracy services, app management and data analytics to the Dubai-based entertainment provider.
News categories: Irdeto, OSN, Andrew Bunten, Melvin Saldanha, Android TV, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi powers entertainment experience for OSNtv subscribers
May 18, 2023 – Tata Elxsi and OSN have collaborated to develop OSNtv Box, an Android device delivering Pay TV and OTT services in one place. The box is powered by Tata Elxsi's AndroidTV solution suite.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, OSN, Tarun Joshi, Devrim Malak, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
OSN joins anti-piracy Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment
Jan 12, 2023 – Dubai-based OSN has issued a statement heralding its recent decision to join the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) anti-piracy coalition. ACE currently has a total of 52 members.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, OSN Group, Jan van Voorn, Joe Kawkabani, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East
OSNtv box brings TV and apps together in one place
Nov 7, 2022 – OSN has announced the launch of OSNtv box, an all-in-one product that brings together OSN exclusive and curated live TV channels, streaming, and free-to-air entertainment via a single Android device.
News categories: OSN, Joe Kawkabani, Android TV, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data