Digital TV News: OSN
United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
Jun 16, 2022 – United Group has initiated steps to consolidate its three DTH services (NOVA, Total TV and VIVACOM) into a single platform by sending an RFI to a group of satellite operators for satellite capacity to support its plans.
News categories: United Group, Srdjan Djurdjevic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Airtel launches all-in-one fiber with 17 OTTs and 350 TV channels
May 30, 2022 – Airtel has launched three all-in-one plans built for the entertainment needs of today’s connected homes. The plans include subscriptions to 17 premium OTTs and 350+ TV channels together with unlimited data over fibre.
News categories: Airtel, Vir Inder Nath, Digital TV, Fibre, India, Set Top Box
Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
May 25, 2022 – Penthera has announced PlayAssure, software that builds a more extensive real-time buffer of video on streaming devices. This improves video quality and reduces or eliminates rebuffering due to unreliable networks.
News categories: Penthera, Brian Kline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
Video revenue in the GCC region to grow to $2.1bn by 2026
Feb 22, 2022 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has announced that the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) video industry grew revenue by 11% Y/Y in 2021 to reach US$1.9 billion. SVOD contributed 23% to total revenue while AVOD contributed 26%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Myat Pan Phyu, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, TV Services
MENA SVOD revenues to grow to $4 billion in 2027
Jan 18, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, SVOD revenues for 20 countries in the MENA region will grow by $2.3 billion between 2021 and 2027 to reach $4 billion. Leader Turkey will triple its total to $1.27 billion by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Airtel aggregates 15 Indian and global OTT services in one app
Feb 10, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel Xstream Premium, a video streaming service that aggregates content from 15 Indian and global video OTTs in one app with a single subscription, single sign-in, unified content search and AI driven personalized curation for each user.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Manish Aggarwal, Soumya Mukherjee, Ali Hussein, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
SkyShowtime cleared for launch in European markets in 2022
Feb 2, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) have announced that SkyShowtime has received full regulatory approval and plans to launch in more than 20 European markets starting later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Europe, Regulation, Streaming
HBO Max confirms March 8th for further European launches
Feb 1, 2022 – HBO Max will launch in a further 15 European countries on March 8th. HBO Max is currently live in 46 territories across the Americas and Europe, with that rising to 61 with these launches.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools