Digital TV News: OTE
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
Jan 20, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched its VideoAI service. VideoAI automatically analyzes video assets to identify and tag key onscreen moments, audio events, and more to support enhanced understanding of video content.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
Jan 18, 2022 – Ampersand has announced that it has become the exclusive seller of Altice USA's national Addressable inventory and will also integrate aggregated STB data insights from two million Altice households into its AND Platform.
News categories: Ampersand, Altice USA, Nicolle Pangis, Kevin O'Reilly, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
Jan 12, 2022 – In December 2021, Coma Cose streamed an augmented reality concert to paying viewers. One thousand fans were also able to purchase a recording of the concert along with unique fragments packaged as NFTs and delivered via a Limited Edition Box.
News categories: Minerva, A-LIVE, Fabrizio Capobianco, Alex Braga, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
Jan 13, 2022 – VIDAA has selected Unruly as its Sell-side Platform (SSP) enabling global access to its video and native display media. VIDAA will also integrate Unruly’s ad server to enable greater control over CTV ad delivery.
News categories: Unruly, VIDAA, Kenneth Suh, Guy Edri, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
Jan 11, 2022 – Vewd has announced that its Operator TV now supports SmarDTV's CI Plus CAM technology. Operator TV is a Smart TV solution that integrates Pay TV in an experience fully controlled and branded by the operator.
News categories: Vewd, SmarDTV, Erik Gazzoni, Marco Frattolin, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Software
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers