Digital TV News: OTE
4 in 5 Canadians classify themselves as TV streamers
Oct 6, 2021 – TV streaming popularity continues to rise with 4 in 5 Canadians classifying themselves as TV streamers (versus 3 in 4 who pay for traditional TV), according to The Streaming Decade survey released by Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU).
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Christina Summers, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
TripleLift and Amagi scale 'In-Show' programmatic CTV advertising
Oct 6, 2021 – TripleLift and Amagi have announced a partnership agreement to scale 'In-Show' programmatic advertising. TripleLift integrates brands into TV programs. Amagi plugs that into consumer media platforms.
News categories: TripleLift, Amagi, Michael Shields, Sudhir Shabad, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Deltatre adds new sport-related functionality to its UX suite
Oct 5, 2021 – Deltatre has announced the development of a new suite of sport-focussed features and functionality within its UX management tool, AXIS, to support leagues, teams and federations.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
IRIS.TV integrates Reticle emotional AI for contextual targeting
Oct 4, 2021 – Reticle has announced an integration with IRIS.TV. Marketers will now be able to use Reticle's emotional data to contextually target relevant, brand-safe inventory across IRIS-enabled publishers.
News categories: Reticle, IRIS.TV, Jonah Cait, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Continued robust growth for Wearables, AR/VR Headsets, and Smart Home
Oct 4, 2021 – The total value of AR/VR headsets, smart home devices, and wearables is expected to reach $369.6 billion by the end of this year and swell to $524.9 billion by the end of 2025 according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Adam Wright, Ramon T. Llamas, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
Showmax and Netflix lead Sub-Saharan Africa's SVOD market
Sep 28, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Showmax and Netflix are the dominant players in the African SVOD market with subscriber shares of 31.6% and 29.7% respectively. Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video have struggled to get a foothold.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Global VR revenues to exceed $56 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to ABI Research, steady growth in both enterprise and consumer VR over the next 5 years will lead to 50.1 million VR Head-Mounted Display shipments (a 42% CAGR) and more than $56bn in revenues in 2026.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Gaming, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Xandr introduces premium video inventory catalog
Sep 30, 2021 – Xandr has launched its Premium Video Catalog, providing access to over 1,400 one-to-one video and CTV inventory deals and over 2,500 off-the-shelf audience deals across North America.
News categories: Xandr, Alex Chatfield, Kyle Brennan, Tom Sly, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil