Digital TV News: OTE Group
OTE TV Via Satellite launches in Greece
Oct 17, 2011 – OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) of Greece has announced its 'OTE TV Via Satellite' service and is integrating all of its pay TV services under one brand name, OTE TV. OTE's IPTV service 'Conn-x TV' has become 'OTE TV via Conn-x'.
News categories: OTE TV, OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
Romtelecom to take over customers and assets of AKTA Satelit
Mar 29, 2011 – Romtelecom (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has signed a contract with Digital Cable Systems (DCS) for the takeover of the assets and the customer base of DCS' AKTA Satelit satellite TV service.
News categories: Romtelecom, AKTA, MandA, Romania, Satellite
OTE selects Pirelli Broadband as IPTV Set Top Box supplier
Mar 16, 2010 – Pirelli Broadband has announced that it has been selected by OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) to supply its P.VU2000 High Definition IPTV and P.VU2600 High Definition PVR Set Top Boxes for OTE's Conn-x TV IPTV service in Greece.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, Conn-x, OTE Group, Digital TV, DVR, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
OTE Conn-x IPTV at 16k subscribers and RomTelecom DTH at 880k at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 – The OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. As of December 2009, OTE's Conn-x IPTV service had attracted more than 16,000 subscribers. RomTelecom direct-to-home TV subscribers reached 880,000.
News categories: OTE Group, RomTelecom, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
DT Germany connects 128,000 IPTV customers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for the full year 2009. In Germany DT sold more than one million Entertain packages, and in Southern and Eastern Europe the number of IPTV customers almost doubled to over 400,000.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers
The End of the Walled Garden: Led by Pay-TV Operators
Feb 8, 2010 – IMS Research's newest report reveals that demand for connected CE devices are being driven by increased bandwidth, the evolution of content delivery methods and the convergence of media and communications industries.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
RomTelecom finishes 3Q09 with 831,000 DTH subscribers
Nov 5, 2009 – The OTE Group (Athens: HTO, NYSE: OTE) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. In Romania, RomTelecom's DTH subscribers passed 831,000 in the quarter and a new IPTV project is to be launched in the coming months.
News categories: RomTelecom, OTE Group, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
DT Germany sells 164,000 IPTV packages in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for the third quarter. Entertain, DT's IPTV service in Germany, had sold 885,000 packages by the end of the quarter, well on the way to the target of one million for the full year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Hellas Sat acquires licence for Greek DTH
Aug 3, 2009 – A contract between Hellas Sat, part of the OTE Group (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE), and the Hellenic Republic has been signed. Under the agreement OTE Group receives a licence to provide subscriber TV services in Greece through its satellite Hellas Sat 2.
News categories: OTE Group, Hellas Sat, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Subscribers
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results