Digital TV News: Ofcom
UK's DTG releases D-Book 8
Mar 27, 2015 – The DTG has released D-Book 8, providing tools to support Freeview Play and manage the Ofcom-announced 700MHz clearance. The D-Book also includes support for software updates via broadband, smart retuning and possible HEVC broadcasts.
News categories: DTG, Digital UK, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Ofcom releases International Communications Market Report 2014
Dec 11, 2014 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has released its International Communications Market Report (ICMR) 2014 which examines take-up, availability, price and use of communications services across the world's major countries.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Ofcom releases UK communications Infrastructure Report 2014
Dec 8, 2014 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has released its Infrastructure Report 2014, an in-depth look at the UK’s telecoms, broadcasting and wireless networks. The report highlights three underlying trends that are increasingly affecting how consumers access and use TV services.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
UK to re-allocate 700MHz DTT spectrum to mobile broadband
Nov 19, 2014 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has announced a decision to allow mobile network operators to deliver mobile broadband using some of the 700MHz frequency band currently used for digital terrestrial TV services.
News categories: Ofcom, Ed Richards, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, Terrestrial, UK
Ofcom releases UK Communications Market Report 2014
Aug 7, 2014 – The UK's communications regulator, Ofcom, has published its annual Communications Market report for 2014. Online TV revenue increased by 41% in 2013 to reach £364m. Twelve per cent of TV households had a smart TV in Q1 2014.
News categories: Ofcom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Just under six in ten UK adults receive pay TV
Jan 28, 2014 – Ofcom has published its eighth annual report on the consumer experience of telecoms, the internet, digital broadcasting and postal services in the United Kingdom.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
Ofcom releases UK Communications Market Report 2013
Aug 1, 2013 – Huge growth in take-up of smartphones and tablets is creating a nation of media multi-taskers, Ofcom research has revealed, transforming the traditional UK living room into a digital media hub. In addition, seven per cent of TV households had a Smart TV at the end of the Q1 2013.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Ofcom publishes Q4 2012 UK Digital Television Update
Apr 18, 2013 – Ofcom, the communications regulator for the UK, has released its Digital Television Update for the fourth quarter of 2012. In Q4 2012, 98% of households (25.1m) received digital television over any platform, an increase of nearly 5 percentage points on Q4 2011.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Fewer problems than forecast with TV reception during UK 4G test
Apr 4, 2013 – at800 has completed its first live test to help assess the extent to which Freeview could be impacted when 4G mobile services at 800MHz are launched. Fifteen households in the test area reported problems with TV reception rather than the 120 predicted.
News categories: at800, 5G, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers