Digital TV News: Oi S.A.
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Brazil's Oi selects VideoGuard CA and MediaHighway middleware
Aug 8, 2014 – Brazilian service provider Oi has adopted Cisco Videoscape which includes the Cisco Videoscape VideoGuard Conditional Access System (CAS), a user interface, and Videoscape MediaHighway middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Oi S.A., Rodrigo Dienstmann, Ariel Dascal, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
Brazil's Oi TV ends 2012 with 757,000 subscribers, up 116% YoY
Feb 18, 2013 – Oi S.A. has disclosed its results for the 4th quarter and year of 2012. The Pay TV segment recorded another quarter of strong growth, adding 153 thousand customers in the quarter (+25.3%) and 406 thousand in the year (+115.7%) to 757 thousand customers.
News categories: Oi S.A., Brazil, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars