Digital TV News: Oi
Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
Mar 27, 2023 – In 2021, Frontier (NASDAQ: FYBR) announced a partnership with YouTube TV to offer internet and live TV. Now, Frontier is making it more convenient by introducing a single billing option.
News categories: Frontier, YouTube TV, Tony Archibong, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
Mar 27, 2023 – M2A Media is to launch its encoder-based ad manipulation (EBAM) at the 2023 NAB Show. EBAM handles SCTE-35 and SCTE-224 messaging to insert advertising at the encoder side of a live video workflow.
News categories: M2A Media, Matt Hughes, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
Mar 28, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that GTPL Hathway (GTPL) has deployed a video streaming solution from Broadpeak for OTT delivery, including live, catch-up TV and VOD, to millions of subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, GTPL Hathway, Jacques Le Mancq, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
Mar 21, 2023 – Emitel, together with the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE), is to carry out a pilot implementation of a dynamic ad insertion system in Poland. Implementation will begin in the second half of March.
News categories: Emitel, WSE, Maciej Staszak, Maciej Stanecki, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Poland
MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
Mar 23, 2023 – MarketCast has partnered with Inscape to determine whether ads are recalled accurately, are connected with the right brand, and influence the purchase of the advertiser's products and services.
News categories: MarketCast, VIZIO, John Batter, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
Mar 23, 2023 – Television stations serving the Rochester market have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WHAM-TV (ABC), WROC-TV (CBS), WUHF (Fox), and WXXI-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
Mar 22, 2023 – The FCC has proposed requiring cable operators and DBS providers to clearly specify the 'all-in' price for video programming service in their promotional materials and on subscribers' bills.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, USA
Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
Mar 23, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced new planning tools and partnerships enabling brands to capitalize on Tubi's audience via enhanced forecasting, identity and currency options.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023