Digital TV News: Oliver Gunasekara
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NGCodec and Tiledmedia show hardware-accelerated Cloud VR360 streaming at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Tiledmedia and NGCodec have announced that they have integrated their solutions to provide a cloud-based encoding service for efficient streaming of 360-degree Virtual Reality video (VR360).
News categories: NGCodec, Tiledmedia, Oliver Gunasekara, Rob Koenen, Content Distribution, IBC, Worldwide
Apical and NGCodec offer H.265/HEVC encoder with Region Of Interest optimization
Feb 18, 2014 – Apical and NGCodec have announced new capabilities of the Apical Assertive Vision Processor and the NGCodec H.265/HEVC encoder IP components which now achieve higher perceived video quality combined with a lower bitrate.
News categories: Apical, NGCodec, Michael Tusch, Oliver Gunasekara, Jeff Bier, Digital TV, MWC21, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021