Digital TV News: Open IPTV Forum
Freesat+ box gets interactive with Opera
Sep 10, 2012 – Humax showcased its web-ready Freesat+ box at IBC in Amsterdam. With the implementation of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Humax's Freesat+ box provides Freesat's newly launched service, <free time>, an HTML5-based backwards EPG.
News categories: Opera Software, Freesat, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
SmarDTV, NAGRA and Samsung introduce CI Plus module with DRM
Sep 3, 2012 – SmarDTV and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have announced that they have successfully combined CI Plus and HbbTV with DRM to enable video-on-demand for over-the-top (OTT) networks directly to iDTVs without the use of a set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
NorDig replaces DVB-MHP with HbbTV for interactive IRDs
Apr 4, 2012 – NorDig has specified a common API for interactive services for advanced IRDs, now referred to as hybrid IRDs. From now on hybrid IRDs will be based on the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) standard, replacing DVB MHP as NorDig's chosen API.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
UK HbbTV based Connected TV specification approved for publication
Sep 30, 2011 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced that the 7th edition of the 'D-Book' - the interoperability specification for UK DTT and HbbTV-based 'Connected TV' hybrid products and services - has been formally approved.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2022, Spain
Verimatrix Addresses Rights Management and Revenue Security for Dramatically Expanding Multi-Network, Multi-Screen Services at IBC 2011
Aug 16, 2011 – Verimatrix will be demonstrating its technical and commercial momentum in multiplatform revenue security at IBC 2011, with an emphasis on its role as service providers are redefining their hybrid network architectures, which is occurring at an accelerated pace.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBC2022
OIPF publishes update to IPTV industry specifications
Jul 6, 2011 – The Open IPTV Forum has announced publication of an update to Release 2 of the global end-to-end Specifications for IPTV. Release 2 v2.1 is a major step forward for end-to-end interoperability within the IPTV ecosystem.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Apps, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Streaming
Mediaset Begins The First Beta Test Broadcast Of HbbTV In Spain
Jun 17, 2011 – Mediaset Spain (Madrid: TL5) has begun beta tests of its HbbTV technology through the technological development carried out by Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF), thus becoming a forerunner in implementing HbbTV in Spain.
News categories: Mediaset, Telefónica, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Spain, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December