Digital TV News: Open Mobile Video Coalition
New Mobile Digital TV Technologies, Innovative Demos Show Bright Future for America's TV Broadcasters
Apr 11, 2011 – During the 2011 NAB Show, broadcast industry executives will get their first glimpse at the latest Mobile DTV products now reaching retail stores as well as pioneering demonstrations of the flexible broadcast standard's future capabilities.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mobile, NABShow, USA
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
ION Media Networks to Upgrade Top 10 Station Markets with Mobile TV Delivery in First Quarter 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – ION Media Networks has announced plans to upgrade its station markets in the first quarter 2011, enabling TV content to be transmitted to mobile devices in the nation's top 10 television markets.
News categories: ION Media, Mobile, USA
CEA Completes Third Successful 'PlugFest' for Advance Mobile DTV
Nov 24, 2010 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has announced successful completion of the third 'ATSC Mobile DTV PlugFest'. PlugFest3 focused on promoting interoperability for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
MaxLinear Tuners Used for ATSC-M/H Mobile TV Field Trials
Aug 31, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL111SF ICs are being used in mobile devices from Dell Inc. and Hauppauge Computer Works that were developed for the ATSC-M/H field trials now ongoing in Washington, D.C.
News categories: MaxLinear, Dell Inc, Hauppauge, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, USA
Mobile Digital TV Launch Gives Detroit Automakers Mobile Video Test Bed
Jun 3, 2010 – With the Detroit television market among the leaders in the nation now launching Mobile Digital Television (DTV), product development teams in the automobile industry now have a local resource for testing reception of Mobile DTV.
News categories: OMVC, In-Car, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Harris Helps Belo Corp. Launch Mobile Digital TV Broadcasting
Apr 21, 2010 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) is launching mobile digital TV transmission in the U.S.A. using the Harris MPH™ platform for ATSC Mobile DTV broadcast.
News categories: Harris, Belo Corp, Roundbox, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet