Digital TV News: Opera Software
Opera TV Snap triggers 100 Smart TV apps in record time
Sep 11, 2013 – Opera TV Snap has caused a boom in the number of Smart TV apps. In the two months since launch, with Dailymotion as its first partner, over 100 TV apps have been submitted by Dailymotion content partners using Opera TV Snap.
News categories: Opera Software, Dailymotion, Apps, IBCShowcase, OTT, Smart TV
Changhong integrates Opera Devices SDK
Sep 10, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that Changhong will integrate the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) with its latest line of Smart TVs. This gives Changhong viewers a passport to hundreds of apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Changhong, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera TV Store lands on Hisense Smart TVs
Sep 9, 2013 – Opera Software and Hisense have announced that the Opera TV Store has now launched on selected models of Hisense Smart TVs, extending the partnership between Opera and Hisense and bringing exciting new apps to TV viewers.
News categories: Opera Software, Hisense, Apps, Digital TV, IFA2020, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera expands in China TV market with Konka
Sep 6, 2013 – Opera Software and Konka have announced that the Opera TV Store app platform, Opera TV browser and Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) have now landed on Konka's newest Smart TV.
News categories: Opera Software, Konka, Apps, China, Digital TV, IFA2020, Middleware, Smart TV
TiVo adds Opera Software to Roamio
Aug 29, 2013 – Opera (OSEBX:OPERA) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a technology integration to enhance the power of web technologies on TiVo devices with the Opera Devices SDK, as well as open up the world of HTML5 TV apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TiVo Inc, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
TCL rolls out full suite of Opera web TV products
Jul 18, 2013 – TCL has announced that the web experience on its newest Smart TV range will be built on top of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) for Linux-based devices, and will feature Opera's TV browser and Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TCL, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera TV technology turns online video into apps for connected TV
Jul 11, 2013 – Opera Software has announced the launch of a TV app technology with the ability to transform online video into apps for connected TV - at zero cost and all in less than a minute. The new Opera TV Snap technology has already found its first partner in Dailymotion.
News categories: Opera Software, Dailymotion, Apps, OTT, Smart TV
Entropic, Opera develop HTML5-compliant browser for client set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software (OSE:OPERA) have announced their collaboration on a joint solution based on Opera's advanced HTML5 browser running on Entropic's powerful set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) platform, the EN7588.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Opera to power KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top boxes
Jun 4, 2013 – Opera Software and KATHREIN TechnoTrend have announced that the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) will launch on a variety of KATHREIN TechnoTrend set-top box models. The new set-top boxes will be previewed at the ANGA COM show.
News categories: Opera Software, KATHREIN TechnoTrend, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results