Digital TV News: Orb Networks
Orb Networks Announces New Internet TV Software for Blu-Ray and PS3 Players at CES Show
Jan 7, 2011 – At CES, Orb Networks announced new software for Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 players that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, HuluPlus, Comedy Central and more on their home TV.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
Orb Launches First Internet TV Solution That Allows Consumers to Watch All Their Online TV Shows on a TV
Nov 18, 2010 – Orb Networks has launched the first Internet TV product that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, ESPN3, Comedy Central and more by bringing it to the home TV for comfortable, big screen viewing.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Orb Networks Launches Orb Live for iPad and Android Phones
Jun 9, 2010 – Orb Networks has announced the availability of its Orb Live software for the iPad and Android phones. Orb Live lets users placeshift their personal media such as music, photos and videos, live TV, and internet TV from their PC to their portable device.
News categories: Orb Networks, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Orb Opens iPhones - No More iTunes Jail
May 28, 2008 – In a major breakthrough for iPhone and iPod touch owners, Orb Networks has announced that owners of these Apple devices can now play all their media - music, recorded and live TV, downloaded and home movies, and more - directly from their computers.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet
Orb First to Enable Live TV on iPhone
May 8, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced the world's first way to stream live TV to the iPhone and iPod touch. For the first time, iPhone users can enjoy the immediacy of live sporting events and fast-breaking news on their phone.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Placeshifting
ViXS Systems Ports Orb Embedded Solution onto XCode™ Family of ICs
Feb 20, 2008 – Orb Networks and ViXS Systems have announced the porting of the Orb Embedded Solution (OeS) onto the ViXS XCode™ family of products.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
Orb Opens Architecture, Licenses Technology to CE Manufacturers
Feb 14, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced a licensing program that will allow manufacturers and service providers to aggregate content from virtually anywhere - connected devices, online and broadband services powered by the internet, and wireless networks.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Orb Networks Continues Phenomenal Growth, Surpasses 5M User Mark
Feb 12, 2008 – Orb, which unlocks media stored on a PC and enables users to their enjoy music, videos, webcams, and anything from the web on any device with an internet connection, has announced that it has surpassed the 5 million registered-user milestone.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Subscribers
Amino Technologies Results For The Year Ended 30 November 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Amino Technologies (stock code: AMO) has announced its audited final results for the year ended 30 November 2007. Shipments of AmiNET products for the period increased 45% to 598,000.
News categories: Amino, Earnings Release, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Results, Set Top Box
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico