Digital TV News: Orb Networks
Orb Networks Announces New Internet TV Software for Blu-Ray and PS3 Players at CES Show
Jan 7, 2011 – At CES, Orb Networks announced new software for Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 players that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, HuluPlus, Comedy Central and more on their home TV.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
Orb Launches First Internet TV Solution That Allows Consumers to Watch All Their Online TV Shows on a TV
Nov 18, 2010 – Orb Networks has launched the first Internet TV product that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, ESPN3, Comedy Central and more by bringing it to the home TV for comfortable, big screen viewing.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Orb Networks Launches Orb Live for iPad and Android Phones
Jun 9, 2010 – Orb Networks has announced the availability of its Orb Live software for the iPad and Android phones. Orb Live lets users placeshift their personal media such as music, photos and videos, live TV, and internet TV from their PC to their portable device.
News categories: Orb Networks, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Orb Opens iPhones - No More iTunes Jail
May 28, 2008 – In a major breakthrough for iPhone and iPod touch owners, Orb Networks has announced that owners of these Apple devices can now play all their media - music, recorded and live TV, downloaded and home movies, and more - directly from their computers.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet
Orb First to Enable Live TV on iPhone
May 8, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced the world's first way to stream live TV to the iPhone and iPod touch. For the first time, iPhone users can enjoy the immediacy of live sporting events and fast-breaking news on their phone.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Placeshifting
ViXS Systems Ports Orb Embedded Solution onto XCode™ Family of ICs
Feb 20, 2008 – Orb Networks and ViXS Systems have announced the porting of the Orb Embedded Solution (OeS) onto the ViXS XCode™ family of products.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
Orb Opens Architecture, Licenses Technology to CE Manufacturers
Feb 14, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced a licensing program that will allow manufacturers and service providers to aggregate content from virtually anywhere - connected devices, online and broadband services powered by the internet, and wireless networks.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Orb Networks Continues Phenomenal Growth, Surpasses 5M User Mark
Feb 12, 2008 – Orb, which unlocks media stored on a PC and enables users to their enjoy music, videos, webcams, and anything from the web on any device with an internet connection, has announced that it has surpassed the 5 million registered-user milestone.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Subscribers
Amino Technologies Results For The Year Ended 30 November 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Amino Technologies (stock code: AMO) has announced its audited final results for the year ended 30 November 2007. Shipments of AmiNET products for the period increased 45% to 598,000.
News categories: Amino, Earnings Release, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Results, Set Top Box
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024