Digital TV News: OzTAM
Australians streaming more than 1.5 billion minutes a month
Aug 11, 2017 – Flexible TV viewing is on the rise, with 6.9 million Australians streaming more than 1.5 billion minutes of catch-up and live streaming content in the past month, according to the latest OzTAM reports.
News categories: Freeview, Elizabeth Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Australian Video Viewing Report released
Aug 10, 2017 – Australians are voracious consumers of broadcast TV and other video, and they have a growing array of options by which to access this content. The first edition of the Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – shows video viewing behaviour continues to shift.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Freeview Australia to launch platform upgrade in June
May 8, 2017 – Freeview Australia will launch a significant upgrade to its Freeview Plus platform in June this year, offering a more simplified user experience and sophisticated look and feel for the catch-up service.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
Australian homes now have an average of 6.4 screens each
Mar 29, 2017 – The Q4 2016 Australian Multi-Screen Report continues to document how growing content, platform and screen choices have caused a gradual shift in the way Australian consumers apportion their viewing across devices.
News categories: OzTAM, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Freeview Australia app coming in November
Oct 10, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that its mobile app, delivering FTA TV channels with just one click, will launch in November. The new live streaming service is branded Freeview FV and will deliver TV into viewers’ hands, extending viewing out of the home.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Terrestrial
Internet capable TVs in 22% of Australian homes
Feb 7, 2014 – OzTAM has announced the release of its Q313 Australian Multi-Screen Report. Internet capable TVs are now in 22 per cent of homes. With the analogue switch-off imminent, 99 per cent of homes had converted to DTT by Q3 2013.
News categories: OzTAM, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus catch-up TV announced for Australia
Nov 11, 2013 – Freeview Australia has announced plans to unveil an advanced free-to-air EPG service, FreeviewPlus, in the first half of 2014. FreeviewPlus service will include a new, user-friendly EPG and, for the first time, will seamlessly deliver catch up content on TV screens.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
OzTAM releases DTT technology penetration figures for Australia
Apr 4, 2011 – OzTAM has released new information on the take-up of DTT technology in Australia's five metropolitan markets. DTT penetration across the markets has risen to 89 per cent and PVR penetration is now 40 per cent compared to 28 per cent in March 2010.
News categories: OzTAM, Australia, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December