Digital TV News: PBS
NEXTGEN TV launches in Kansas City, MO
Aug 24, 2021 – BitPath has announced that KMBC-TV (ABC), KCTV (CBS), KSHB-TV (NBC), WDAF-TV (FOX), KCPT (PBS), KCWE (CW), KSMO-TV (MyNet) and KMCI-TV (IND) are now available to Kansas City area viewers in NEXTGEN TV format.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
PBS North Carolina launches NEXTGEN TV broadcasting
Mar 22, 2021 – PBS North Carolina has announced that they are now broadcasting NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) over their channels in the Raleigh-Durham region. WUNC-TV channel 4.11 has been added to the CBC NEXTGEN TV broadcast.
News categories: PBS North Carolina, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Locast brings free local TV streaming service to Portland, Oregon
Mar 17, 2021 – Locast is now delivering 39 local TV channels via the internet – for free – to residents living in the Portland market as well as the Washington cities of Vancouver, Longview, and Kelso. Portland is the 31st Locast market.
News categories: Locast, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
Nov 18, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Raleigh, NC, including WTVD (ABC), WNCN (CBS), WUVC (Univision), WLFL (CW), and WRDC (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, the ninth market launch this year for Bitpath.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Luis Fernandez-Rocha, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated