Digital TV News: PEMRA
Pakistan Telecom to provide TV audience data to Medialogic
Nov 12, 2020 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and Medialogic have signed an agreement for enriching TV Audience Measurement data in Pakistan. PTCL will provide data from its Smart TV IPTV service to Medialogic.
News categories: PTCL, Medialogic, Adnan Anjum, Aly Mustansir, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
PEMRA announces DTH license bidder shortlist
Nov 15, 2016 – The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has released a shortlist of the companies approved for participation in its Bidding Process for DTH licenses.
News categories: PEMRA, Digital TV, Pakistan, Regulation, Satellite
Pakistan's InCable selects Exset DMS middleware
Oct 19, 2016 – InCable, one of the largest Pakistani cable providers, has become the latest operator to select Exset in order to create and deploy value add and dynamic advertising services across its digital network.
News categories: Exset, Mahmood Ulhaq, Irfan Goraya, Cable TV, Middleware, Pakistan
Exset and Newland target cable operators in Pakistan
May 17, 2016 – Exset has announced that it is now directly selling its Value Added Service DMS ecosystem integrated with Newland set-top boxes to cable operators in Pakistan. DMS adds services over and above video that open up new revenue opportunities for the operators.
News categories: Exset, Newland, Mahmood Ulhaq, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Pakistan, Set Top Box
Pakistan finalizes minimum standards for digital cable STBs
Mar 22, 2016 – As part of its plan to convert all cable TV in the country to digital by September 30, 2016, Pakistan's Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has finalized the minimum requirements for digital cable TV set-top boxes.
News categories: PEMRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Pakistan, Set Top Box
PEMRA shortlists 8 companies in DTH licence tender
Nov 29, 2015 – The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has shortlisted eight applicant companies for participation in the bidding for DTH Licensing scheduled to be held on December 07, 2015.
News categories: PEMRA, Digital TV, Licensing, Pakistan, Regulation, Satellite
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0