Digital TV News: PMT
5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
Sep 20, 2021 – Two new EBU reports conclude that a 5G Broadcast system could be safely introduced alongside DTT in the UHF band, and that broadcast towers could be used to enhance coverage and minimise the cost of roll-out.
News categories: EBU, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Kantar retains Slovakian TV audience measurement contract
Feb 3, 2021 – Kantar has announced the extension of its contract with PMT – the Slovakian joint industry committee for TV – to continue providing the official TV Audience Measurement data for Slovakia until 2029.
News categories: Kantar, PMT, Keld Nielsen, Vladimir Fatika, Advertising, Big Data, Slovakia
U.S. TV's 2017-18 upfront ad sales up 5.9% Y-o-Y
Jul 18, 2017 – Media Dynamics has released estimates for US TV’s primetime upfront ad revenue for the 2017-18 season. Also included in the totals are a relatively small but growing number of 'advanced targeting' buys, mostly on cable channels.
News categories: Media Dynamics, Ed Papazian, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
NEOTION announces CI Plus 1.3 test kit
Apr 1, 2014 – NEOTION has announced the latest version of its Testing Kit CI Plus 1.3. The testing kit implements every features of the CI Plus 1.3 specification and offers full flexibility to partners and customers.
News categories: NEOTION, CAM, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
1.2 million paying HD+ households in Germany at end-June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – SES S.A. (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the six months ended 30 June 2013. In Germany, the HD+ platform continued to develop well, with 2.7 million active households at the end of June 2013, of which 1.2 million are paying households.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix Provides Revenue Security for OViVO Personalized Video Service
Feb 1, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that Russian service provider Personal Media Technology (PMT) has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) to protect its OViVO over-the-top (OTT) personalized digital TV service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Personal Media Technology, Conditional Access, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming
PMT and Digisoft to deliver Terrestrial and Personalized TV across Russia
Sep 8, 2010 – Digisoft.tv has announced that Personal Media Technology (PMT) has extended its relationship with Digisoft to provide its DigiHost Service Delivery Platform for the delivery of terrestrial TV channels to TV viewers in Russia.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, OViVO, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
PMT Deploys Digisoft IPTV Service Delivery Platform in Russia
Dec 18, 2009 – Digisoft.tv has announced that Personal Media Technology (PMT) has selected its DigiHost IPTV Service Delivery Platform and Java Based Middleware for the delivery of Next Generation Personalized IP Video Services across the Russian Market.
News categories: Digisoft, OViVO, Digital TV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Testronic Labs Launches Digital TV Testing Service
Apr 10, 2008 – Testronic Laboratories has announced a new digital testing service to broadcasters, IRD and set top box manufacturers and related digital television software and service providers.
News categories: Testronic, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Software
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK