Digital TV News: Pace Micro
Digital cable set-top box demand falling in 2009
Oct 6, 2009 – After a record-setting year in 2008, worldwide digital cable set top box (STB) demand is falling in 2009, reports In-Stat. The slowdown in unit shipments and revenue has generally been concentrated in the comparatively advanced cable markets.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box
Pace signs significant new US cable contract
May 29, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has signed a significant new contract for the US cable market.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Pace @ Anga: Convergence is key for cable
May 27, 2008 – Pace plc (LSE:PIC) is demonstrating the latest products that address the growing industry need for converging technologies and services at Anga Cable (May 27-29, 2008) in Cologne.
News categories: Pace Micro, ANGA COM, Cable TV
Pace Americas Announces Family of Next-Generation MPEG-4 Set-Top Boxes for Cable
May 18, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE:PIC) has announced a new family of next-generation MPEG-4 advanced video compression set-top boxes for cable operators in North and South America.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Content Protection, DOCSIS, DVR, Latin America, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, USA
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Pace Micro Technology to Showcase Its Family of Products for the Americas at NCTA's 2008 Cable Show May 18-20 in New Orleans
May 5, 2008 – Pace Micro (LSE:PIC) has announced plans to exhibit its family of products for the US, Canadian, and Latin American markets at the National Cable and Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) 2008 Cable Show in New Orleans, May 18-20, 2008.
News categories: Pace Micro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Philips announces completion of sale of Set-Top Boxes and Connectivity Solutions businesses to Pace Micro Technology of the UK
Apr 21, 2008 – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) has announced that it has completed the sale of its Set-Top Boxes (STB) and Connectivity Solutions (CS) businesses to U.K.-based technology provider Pace Micro Technology (FTSE: PIC).
News categories: Pace Micro, Royal Philips Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IPTV and switched digital video equipment market to reach $9.8B in 2011
Mar 19, 2008 – The combined IPTV and switched digital video (SDV) market is forecast to grow in healthy double-digits annually to reach $9.8 billion worldwide, according to Infonetics Research's latest quarterly report.
News categories: Infonetics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
UK - Digital TV Summit 2008
Mar 7, 2008 – This event brought together key figures from Ofcom, BSkyB, Microsoft, Orange, Pace and others in a meeting to examine key advances in broadcasting, mobile and IP as well as discuss the regulatory issues these advancements may cause and the digital dividend.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, IPTV, Mobile, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote