Digital TV News: Pascal Portelli
Technicolor reaches 300 million CPEs milestone
Apr 2, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has shipped its 300 millionth CPE. In 2013, Technicolor shipped 32.5 million CPEs to its diversified customer base around the world.
News categories: Technicolor, Pascal Portelli, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Technicolor selects MaxLinear chip for hybrid satellite/ISDB-T set-top box
May 8, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has selected its MxL683 for a new hybrid satellite / terrestrial (ISDB-T) high-definition (HD) set-top box (STB) for the Latin America market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Technicolor, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor to embed Quantenna MIMO technology in its connected home products
Feb 21, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it is supporting the delivery of video over wireless within the home, thanks to the integration of Quantenna's Wi-Fi 5GHz 4x4 MIMO technology into its next generation set top boxes and access gateways.
News categories: Technicolor, Quantenna, DVR, Gateway, Home Server, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Thomson Selects Vidiom's OCAP™ Software
May 13, 2008 – Vidiom Systems has announced that Thomson (NYSE: TMS) has chosen Vidiom's OCAP software for their cable set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: Vidiom, Thomson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia