Digital TV News: Paul Bristow
ADB ships 50 millionth device
Feb 24, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has shipped its 50 millionth device. The milestone is the culmination of thousands of man-years of R&D at ADB’s facilities in Poland, Italy, Ukraine and Taiwan since the company’s launch in 1995.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Paul Bristow, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Osmosys Launches New Multi-Platform Open Standard Interactive TV Solution
Mar 12, 2009 – Osmosys has announced the launch of its MHP 1.2 software. MHP 1.2 provides new features including IPTV support, a provision for unbound applications such as caller ID and targeted messaging, Switched Digital Video and other Tru2way/OCAP features.
News categories: Osmosys, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Osmosys Develops High-Level Graphics Library to Further Enhance Revolutionary EGG Solution
Mar 12, 2008 – Osmosys S.A. has announced that it has developed a high-level graphics library for EGG™, the company's enhanced graphics engine.
News categories: Osmosys, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Osmosys Launches Extensive IPTV Solution for Network Operators
Mar 11, 2008 – Osmosys S.A., a leader and innovator in the development of open standards Java-based interactive digital television solutions, has announced its new end-to-end IPTV Solution at the IPTV World Forum at Olympia, London.
News categories: Osmosys, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Osmosys Inspires 3D Graphics Revolution at IBC
Sep 6, 2007 – Osmosys has launched its patent pending Enhanced Graphics enGine (EGG™) at IBC2007 (stand IP233). EGG, is a revolutionary graphics engine and library that allows video content creators and designers alike the freedom to provide interactive TV graphics, with fluid motion, 3D effects, and full animation on platforms that were previously limited to a 2D world.
News categories: Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Software
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product