Digital TV News: Paul Verna
US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Competitive video gaming is a rapidly growing, multibillion-dollar industry. Esports ad revenues are poised to surpass $200 million by next year, according to eMarketer’s first forecast on esports and gaming revenues.
News categories: eMarketer, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Exodus from pay TV in the U.S. accelerates despite OTT partnerships
Jul 24, 2018 – Even as traditional pay TV providers form partnerships with former over-the-top (OTT) rivals to retain customers, U.S. cord-cutting continues to outpace projections. According to eMarketer, the number of cord-cutters will climb 32.8% this year to 33.0 million.
News categories: eMarketer, Christopher Bendtsen, Paul Verna, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US TV ad spending to fall in 2018
Mar 28, 2018 – TV ad spending will continue its decline this year, according to eMarketer’s latest US advertising forecast. With cord-cutting accelerating and OTT viewing on the rise, outlays on TV ads will slip 0.5% in 2018 to $69.87 billion.
News categories: eMarketer, Monica Peart, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
eMarketer lowers US TV ad spend estimate as cord-cutting accelerates
Sep 13, 2017 – eMarketer has reduced its estimate for US TV ad spending due to faster-than-expected growth in cord-cutting. This year, US TV ad investment will expand just 0.5% to $71.65 billion, a figure down from the $72.72 billion predicted in Q1.
News categories: eMarketer, Monica Peart, Chris Bendtsen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0