Digital TV News: Peggy Johnson
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Qualcomm to Demonstrate LTE Broadcast at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), in collaboration with Ericsson AB (STKM: ERIC, NASDAQ: ERIC), will demonstrate LTE Broadcast, the evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) platform, at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
News categories: Qualcomm, Ericsson, 5G, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm and British Sky Broadcasting Complete Second MediaFLO Trial
Feb 12, 2007 – QUALCOMM and British Sky Broadcasting Limited (BSkyB) have announced the successful completion of a second joint technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO™ System in the United Kingdom.
News categories: QUALCOMM, BSkyB, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, UK
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025