Digital TV News: Peggy Johnson
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Qualcomm to Demonstrate LTE Broadcast at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), in collaboration with Ericsson AB (STKM: ERIC, NASDAQ: ERIC), will demonstrate LTE Broadcast, the evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) platform, at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
News categories: Qualcomm, Ericsson, 5G, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm and British Sky Broadcasting Complete Second MediaFLO Trial
Feb 12, 2007 – QUALCOMM and British Sky Broadcasting Limited (BSkyB) have announced the successful completion of a second joint technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO™ System in the United Kingdom.
News categories: QUALCOMM, BSkyB, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, UK
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019