Digital TV News: Peggy Johnson
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC21, Spain
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21
Qualcomm to Demonstrate LTE Broadcast at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), in collaboration with Ericsson AB (STKM: ERIC, NASDAQ: ERIC), will demonstrate LTE Broadcast, the evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) platform, at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
News categories: Qualcomm, Ericsson, 5G, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm and British Sky Broadcasting Complete Second MediaFLO Trial
Feb 12, 2007 – QUALCOMM and British Sky Broadcasting Limited (BSkyB) have announced the successful completion of a second joint technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO™ System in the United Kingdom.
News categories: QUALCOMM, BSkyB, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, UK
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.