Digital TV News: Peggy Johnson
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Qualcomm to Demonstrate LTE Broadcast at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), in collaboration with Ericsson AB (STKM: ERIC, NASDAQ: ERIC), will demonstrate LTE Broadcast, the evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) platform, at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
News categories: Qualcomm, Ericsson, 5G, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm and British Sky Broadcasting Complete Second MediaFLO Trial
Feb 12, 2007 – QUALCOMM and British Sky Broadcasting Limited (BSkyB) have announced the successful completion of a second joint technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO™ System in the United Kingdom.
News categories: QUALCOMM, BSkyB, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, UK
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering