Digital TV News: Peggy Johnson
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC22, Spain
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22
Qualcomm to Demonstrate LTE Broadcast at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM), in collaboration with Ericsson AB (STKM: ERIC, NASDAQ: ERIC), will demonstrate LTE Broadcast, the evolved Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) platform, at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
News categories: Qualcomm, Ericsson, 5G, Mobile, MWC22, Semiconductor
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
Qualcomm and British Sky Broadcasting Complete Second MediaFLO Trial
Feb 12, 2007 – QUALCOMM and British Sky Broadcasting Limited (BSkyB) have announced the successful completion of a second joint technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO™ System in the United Kingdom.
News categories: QUALCOMM, BSkyB, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, UK
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th