Digital TV News: Personal
Proximus and Technicolor deliver 'Pickx' decoder based on Android P
Nov 12, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Proximus has begun deployment of its V7 decoder 'Proximus Pickx'. Technicolor helped integrate a broad range of functionality into the Android TV set-top box.
News categories: Technicolor, Proximus, 3SS, Mercedes Pastor, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
U.S. consumers spent over $7bn on home entertainment in 3Q 2020
Nov 11, 2020 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $7.3 billion to watch movies and TV shows for home and personal viewing in the third quarter of 2020, almost 18% up on the same period one year earlier.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. Connected TV ad impressions grow 55% YoY
Nov 10, 2020 – Innovid has announced the fall 2020 edition of its U.S. Video Benchmarks Report. The study found that connected TV (CTV) ad impressions grew 55% year-over-year. CTV is the only device category that has gained video ad impression share.
News categories: Innovid, Jessica Hogue, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CommScope and Kaltura deliver Cloud TV, hosted on AWS
Nov 10, 2020 – CommScope and Kaltura have announced that they are partnering to deliver cloud TV offerings to communications service providers and media companies worldwide. The integrated solutions will leverage the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, CommScope, Amazon Web Services, Gideon Gilboa, Kevin Keefe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVo
Nov 4, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced Deep Discovery, an API-based metadata solution. Elisa will use Deep Discovery in Finland to help customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find programming and movies.
News categories: Xperi, Elisa, Chris Ambrozic, Matt Milne, Magnus Pettersson, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland, UX
Video entertainment adspend stable this year despite pandemic
Nov 2, 2020 – Zenith has forecast that video entertainment advertising will shrink by just 0.2% in 2020 across ten key markets this year. Video entertainment adspend will far outperform the ad market as a whole, which will drop by 8.7% across these same markets.
News categories: Zenith, Christian Lee, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
Oct 29, 2020 – A1 Telekom Austria has selected XroadMedia to enable recommendations on their A1 Xplore TV services in Central and Eastern Europe. A1 has introduced an AI-driven recommendation engine based on the Ncanto solution from XroadMedia.
News categories: XroadMedia, A1 Telekom, Adolf Proidl, Alexander Kuchar, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5