Digital TV News: Peter Tonagh
Foxtel lifts the lid on the Foxtel Now box
Nov 8, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled its new Foxtel Now box, an affordable and easy to use device designed to stream the best choice of the world’s biggest new shows, live sport and complete seasons to consumers’ TVs.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
INVIDI and Foxtel to bring addressable television to Australia
Oct 24, 2017 – INVIDI Technologies and Foxtel have announced that they have entered into a licensing agreement bringing addressable television to Australia across satellite-delivered, IP and Internet delivered content.
News categories: INVIDI Technologies, Foxtel, Dave Downey, Peter Tonagh, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Foxtel introduces Foxtel Now streaming service
Jun 6, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled Foxtel Now, a revamped and reenergised, internet delivered subscription TV service. Foxtel Now arrives as part of the company’s effort to provide Foxtel for everyone across IP delivered and cable/satellite services.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Foxtel to revamp Foxtel Play and close Presto TV
Oct 4, 2016 – Foxtel has announced a new look Foxtel Play streaming service, which will roll out from December 2016. Presto customers will be asked to move to Foxtel Play and the Presto service will cease on 31 January 2017.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, OTT
More Australians now have SVOD than Foxtel
Sep 8, 2016 – Whether it’s dozens of extra channels, streaming on demand, or internet TV through a set-top box, half of Australians now have paid television options in the home, Roy Morgan Research shows—and on-demand subscriptions have just overtaken Foxtel’s broadcast Pay TV.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering