Digital TV News: Peter Tonagh
Foxtel lifts the lid on the Foxtel Now box
Nov 8, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled its new Foxtel Now box, an affordable and easy to use device designed to stream the best choice of the world’s biggest new shows, live sport and complete seasons to consumers’ TVs.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
INVIDI and Foxtel to bring addressable television to Australia
Oct 24, 2017 – INVIDI Technologies and Foxtel have announced that they have entered into a licensing agreement bringing addressable television to Australia across satellite-delivered, IP and Internet delivered content.
News categories: INVIDI Technologies, Foxtel, Dave Downey, Peter Tonagh, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Foxtel introduces Foxtel Now streaming service
Jun 6, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled Foxtel Now, a revamped and reenergised, internet delivered subscription TV service. Foxtel Now arrives as part of the company’s effort to provide Foxtel for everyone across IP delivered and cable/satellite services.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Foxtel to revamp Foxtel Play and close Presto TV
Oct 4, 2016 – Foxtel has announced a new look Foxtel Play streaming service, which will roll out from December 2016. Presto customers will be asked to move to Foxtel Play and the Presto service will cease on 31 January 2017.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Streaming
More Australians now have SVOD than Foxtel
Sep 8, 2016 – Whether it’s dozens of extra channels, streaming on demand, or internet TV through a set-top box, half of Australians now have paid television options in the home, Roy Morgan Research shows—and on-demand subscriptions have just overtaken Foxtel’s broadcast Pay TV.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope