Digital TV News: Peter Siebert
DVB approves GEM v1.3 specification
Mar 2, 2011 – The DVB Project has approved the latest version of its specification for interactivity - Globally Executable MHP (GEM). This new version of GEM v1.3 now provides support for Over-The-Top (OTT) television and Hybrid Broadcast/Broadband (HBB).
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB Steering Board Approves 3DTV Specification
Feb 22, 2011 – The DVB Project has announce that on February 17 at the 67th Meeting of the Steering Board, the DVB-3DTV specification was approved. The specification will be submitted immediately to ETSI for formal standardisation.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
DVB-T2 Forges Ahead
Sep 10, 2010 – DVB has said that it is pleased with the momentum achieved by its second-generation digital terrestrial standard, DVB-T2, since its first commercial launch earlier this year in the UK.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-T2, IBC, Terrestrial
DVB At IBC 2010
Sep 10, 2010 – At this year's IBC, DVB is demonstrating its second-generation broadcast transmission systems. Visitors to the DVB stand can see, for the first time ever, live High Definition 3DTV broadcasts of all three standards - DVB-T2, DVB-S2 and DVB-C2.
News categories: DVB Project, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, IBC, Satellite, Terrestrial
ETSI Formally Adopts New Release Of GEM/MHP Interactive Standards
Feb 15, 2010 – DVB has announced that ETSI has adopted as standards the new release versions of the MHP 1.2.2 and GEM 1.2.2 specifications. GEM now takes over the role of DVB's primary middleware specification, and MHP becomes a derived specification based on GEM.
News categories: DVB Project, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Europe's Leading Cable Operators Signal Their Support for DVB-C2
Sep 22, 2009 – Nine of Europe's leading cable network operators, representing more than 35 million connected homes, have shown their immediate support and declared their intention to exploit the operational potential of DVB-C2.
News categories: DVB Project, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-C2, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Set Top Box, Spain, Sweden
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBC, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria