Digital TV News: Philips
rlaxx TV now available on Apple TV and Panasonic, Grundig Smart TVs
Feb 17, 2021 – rlaxx TV is now available on Apple TV, and smart TVs by Panasonic and Grundig in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The new availability adds around 8.5 million to the existing installed base.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
Jan 12, 2021 – AVOD service, rlaxx TV, is now also available in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria on Amazon's Fire TV devices and the smart TV OS Android TV. Content on rlaxx TV is structured in linear channels.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
RiksTV launches Smart TV Apps with Norigin Media
Jan 12, 2021 – RiksTV has now launched on a range of Samsung Tizen Smart TV models. The apps, branded RiksTV and Strim, were developed by Norigin Media, using its React-based TV App Framework.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming
Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
Sep 29, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of Zapi, an OTT-based Pay TV platform from Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores (PMO) in Spain. The service is based on Mirada's Iris with its custom launcher for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Mirada, Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores, José Luis Vázquez, José Carrillo, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming, UX
rlaxx TV launches on Smart TVs in Germany and UK
Sep 8, 2020 – rlaxx TV is available in Germany and the UK on smart TVs by Blaupunkt, Hisense, Hitachi, JVC, Medion, Metz, Sharp, Telefunken, Toshiba and Vestel. The content offer is free of charge for viewers.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Dirk Wittenborg, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm brings OTT portfolio to ZEASN powered Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and ZEASN have announced a partnership to bring Cinedigm’s OTT channels and content to Smart TVs powered by ZEASN's Whale OS, including those from from Philips, Magnavox, and AOC.
News categories: Cinedigm, ZEASN, Tony Huidor, Jason He, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ZEASN launches ad-supported live streaming service
Aug 28, 2020 – ZEASN has announced the launch of WhaleLive, an ad-supported streaming service on Philips Smart TVs providing consumers with free access to a wide selection of news, movies, kids, music, sports and entertainment channels.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Jason He, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
HEVC patent infringement suits brought against Vestel and Xiaomi
Aug 17, 2020 – Certain patent owners in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool have filed separate proceedings against Vestel and Xiaomi in Germany for infringing patents essential to the HEVC/H.265 video coding standard.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Digital TV, Germany, Licensing, Patent
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated