Digital TV News: Piksel
Piksel brings machine learning-powered metadata enrichment to NAB Show 2019
Mar 27, 2019 – Piksel has announced plans to unveil two new machine learning powered additions to its Fuse suite of products at NAB Show 2019. The new features allow customers to automatically enrich title metadata and conduct AI-driven visual analysis.
News categories: Piksel, Kris Brown, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
RTL Netherlands selects video platform from Piksel
Jul 30, 2018 – Piksel has announced that it has been selected by RTL Netherlands to be a part of the broadcaster’s OTT TV services. Piksel is working with RTL to develop a destination that brings together all of its most popular linear and on-demand viewing in one place.
News categories: Piksel, RTL, Kristan Bullett, Giovanni Piccirilli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT
Piksel brings global vendors together for new ‘metadata ecosystem’
Apr 5, 2018 – Piksel has announced the creation of a new ‘metadata ecosystem’ with a range of metadata vendors from across Europe. The ecosystem will bring together vendors including the Bindinc.Metadata, Mediadata TV, Plurimedia and XroadMedia.
News categories: Piksel, Bindinc, Mediadata TV, Plurimedia, XroadMedia, Kristan Bullett, Corry Siegers, Big Data, Digital TV, France, Netherlands, Spain, UK
Piksel selects DLVR to provide multi-CDN optimization
Sep 11, 2017 – DLVR has announced that Piksel will be integrating DLVR’s services into their digital media offerings. DLVR provides internet video publishers a new way to take advantage of multiple CDNs, routing traffic to the best network based on DLVR’s real-time, individual stream optimization and the publisher’s business rules.
News categories: DLVR, Piksel, Michael Gordon, Paul Mardling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
Piksel to integrate Friend MTS digital watermarking
May 3, 2017 – Piksel and Friend MTS have announced a partnership that will see the two companies integrate Friend MTS’ ASiD digital watermarking technology into Piksel’s cloud-based video services and end-to-end OTT platform.
News categories: Friend MTS, Piksel, Jonathan Friend, Mark Christie, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Piksel integrates Intertrust ExpressPlay Mobile SDK
Apr 9, 2014 – Piksel and Intertrust have announced the availability of PikselGuard 4 with Marlin DRM, an open standard digital rights management platform. PikselGuard 4 incorporates Intertrust's ExpressPlay™ mobile SDK for Marlin DRM protection.
News categories: Piksel, Intertrust, Mark Portu, John Gildred, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
Mar 6, 2014 – Piksel has been commissioned by VRT, Belgium's national public television broadcaster, to deliver an OTT solution supporting VOD, catch-up and live content on multiple devices.
News categories: Piksel, VRT, Tom Caljon, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution