Digital TV News: Plume
Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
Mar 29, 2023 – Evolution Digital has announced that its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box has been integrated with OpenSync, the first Android TV STB to make the OpenSync home networking framework available.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Plume, OpenSync, Marc Cohen, Liem Vo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Liberty Global acquires 4.92% interest in Vodafone
Feb 13, 2023 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has acquired 1,335 million shares in Vodafone representing 4.92% of the outstanding share capital (excluding treasury shares).
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital and NCTC reach agreement for Wi-Fi and Android TV products
Jul 20, 2022 – Evolution Digital and the NCTC have announced an agreement that will continue to make Evolution Digital's suite of broadband and Android TV products available to more than 700 independent service providers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, Marc Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
59% of UK broadband households use online sources to access video content
Oct 28, 2019 – Parks Associates research shows more than half of UK broadband households use online sources for video content, including OTT subscriptions and BBC iPlayer.
News categories: Parks Associates, Niall Robinson, Stefan Witkamp, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Comcast introduces interface to personalize the home Wi-Fi experience
May 8, 2017 – Comcast has launched Xfinity xFi, a control interface that allows users to presonalize their home Wi-Fi network. The xFi experience can be controlled via a mobile app, website, and on the TV with the X1 voice remote.
News categories: Comcast, Eric Schaefer, Apps, Gateway, Smart Home, USA, UX
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification