Digital TV News: Plume
Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
Mar 29, 2023 – Evolution Digital has announced that its EVO FORCE 1 set-top box has been integrated with OpenSync, the first Android TV STB to make the OpenSync home networking framework available.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Plume, OpenSync, Marc Cohen, Liem Vo, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Liberty Global acquires 4.92% interest in Vodafone
Feb 13, 2023 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has acquired 1,335 million shares in Vodafone representing 4.92% of the outstanding share capital (excluding treasury shares).
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital and NCTC reach agreement for Wi-Fi and Android TV products
Jul 20, 2022 – Evolution Digital and the NCTC have announced an agreement that will continue to make Evolution Digital's suite of broadband and Android TV products available to more than 700 independent service providers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, Marc Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Liberty Global reports Q4 2021 results
Feb 17, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q4 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 19,400 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,900 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Netherlands, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
59% of UK broadband households use online sources to access video content
Oct 28, 2019 – Parks Associates research shows more than half of UK broadband households use online sources for video content, including OTT subscriptions and BBC iPlayer.
News categories: Parks Associates, Niall Robinson, Stefan Witkamp, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Comcast introduces interface to personalize the home Wi-Fi experience
May 8, 2017 – Comcast has launched Xfinity xFi, a control interface that allows users to presonalize their home Wi-Fi network. The xFi experience can be controlled via a mobile app, website, and on the TV with the X1 voice remote.
News categories: Comcast, Eric Schaefer, Apps, Gateway, Smart Home, USA, UX
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media