Digital TV News: Pluto TV
Pluto TV to launch with Corus in Canada this fall
Jun 8, 2022 – Corus (TSX: CJR.B) and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced that Pluto TV will launch in Canada this fall. Corus will be the ad representative for what is positioned to become one of the largest FAST services in the country.
News categories: Corus, Pluto TV, Paramount, Greg McLelland, Olivier Jollet, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
May 17, 2022 – Hisense and Amazon Fire TV have announce the U6HF, Hisense’s first smart TV with Amazon Fire TV built-in. Available exclusively at Amazon.com, the new 50” smart TV will offer Fire TV's experience alongside the intelligence of Alexa.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
May 17, 2022 – According to Mediavision, as of Q1 2022, 60% of Swedish households subscribed to at least one paid video streaming service. Following several years of strong growth, the number of subscribing households has remained essentially unchanged over the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Paramount adds 6.3 million global streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 3, 2022 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. In Direct-To-Consumer, global streaming subscribers rose to more than 62 million, adding 6.3 million total subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Pluto TV comes to Xbox consoles and Windows PCs
Mar 31, 2022 – Pluto TV has announced the availability of its free streaming television service on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and on PCs with Windows 10 or Windows 11, in several European countries and in Latin America.
News categories: Pluto TV, Xbox, Olivier Jollet, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
FAST continues to gain consumer appeal
Mar 30, 2022 – Amagi has released the third edition of its industry report, revealing that FAST performance is accelerating across the globe, driven by subscription fatigue and consumers’ growing demand for linear viewing experiences.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
FITE chooses Dooya to power FITE 24/7 FAST channel
Mar 8, 2022 – FITE has announced the expansion of FITE 24/7 into FITE's first Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel. The channel will use Dooya's FASTCast process to provide distribution and monetization to cable operators as well as OTT platforms and connected TVs.
News categories: Dooya, FITE, John T. Wells, Louis Lewow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Despite recent growth, European AVOD market remains nascent
Dec 10, 2021 – Over the last three years, the number of AVOD users in Europe has significantly increased, according to Dataxis. Overall, there has been a noticeable growth acceleration in terms of traffic since 2018 in the continent.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise