Digital TV News: Powerline Alliance
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces Doubling of HomePlug Product Shipments from Eight Million to 16 Million in Last 12 Months
Mar 5, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that it has doubled the number of HomePlug products shipped globally in the last 12 months from eight million to 16 million and that its members will showcase a wide range of HomePlug compliant products at CeBIT 2008.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Market Research, Smart Home
Control of IPTV Home Network Improves OpEx & Future Revenue Opportunities
Mar 3, 2008 – A new report from MRG, 'IPTV Home Networking Strategies, 2008,' explores the strategic importance of the Home Network for IPTV Operators.
News categories: MRG, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug®/Panasonic® Proposal for Powerline Communications Moves Towards a Ubiquitous IEEE Standard
Feb 28, 2008 – Following a vote in mid-October, the IEEE P1901 work group rejected all other proposals leaving the HomePlug/Panasonic proposal as the only remaining proposal for In-Home and Access powerline communication under consideration.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Panasonic, IEEE P1901 standard, Digital TV, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Demonstrates New Innovations at CES 2008 as HomePlug Global Shipments Now Exceed 15 Million Products
Jan 8, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that, surpassing initial estimates, HomePlug member companies have now shipped over 15 million Powerline communications (PLC) devices worldwide, more than doubling the number of shipments since 2006.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug/Panasonic Merged Proposal Takes the First Step in Becoming a Worldwide Standard through the Efforts of the IEEE P1901 Work Group
Oct 30, 2007 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the joint proposal, submitted by HomePlug member companies and Panasonic®, is the sole MAC/PHY proposal remaining in the IEEE P1901 work group process for creating an international standard for in-home and access powerline communication technologies.
News categories: HomePlug Alliance, DS2, Universal Powerline Association, CEPCA, P1901, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters