Digital TV News: Premiere AG
Premiere: Decisive phase in the fight against the organized theft of rights
Aug 5, 2008 – Premiere (PRE.XE) has developed and successfully tested an extensive security package together with its encryption partners NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) to ensure that all pirate viewers will be greeted with a blank screen soon.
News categories: Premiere AG, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kabel Deutschland Presents Record Results
Jul 29, 2008 – Kabel Deutschland has significantly advanced digitization in its cable households: on March 31, 2008 the number of digital TV subscriptions increased to 1.7 million (previous year 1.2 million) including the 778,500 KDG pay TV RGUs.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
News Corporation Increases Stake in Premiere AG to 25.01 Percent
May 19, 2008 – News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has secured additional shares in leading German pay-TV operator, Premiere AG (Frankfurt: PRE), increasing its total stake to 25.01 percent.
News categories: News Corp, Premiere, Digital TV, Germany, MandA, Satellite
Q1 2008: Premiere increases revenues to EUR 251.5 million
May 15, 2008 – As of March 31, 2008, Premiere (PRE.XE) had 4,242,467 subscribers (March 31, 2008: 3,460,572), of which 621,908 were indirect arena customers. Compared to Q1 2007 figures, the number of direct subscribers rose by 4.6 percent to 3,620,559.
News categories: Premiere AG, Austria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Premiere to Introduce Next Generation Nagravision Smartcards
Apr 15, 2008 – Premiere and the Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) confirm that Premiere will continue to secure its pay TV revenues with Nagravision technology. The latest generation of smartcards will be introduced from May 2008 onwards.
News categories: Nagravision, Premiere, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Premiere Chooses NDS VideoGuard® to Secure its Pay-TV Platforms in Germany and Austria
Apr 15, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Premiere will deploy VideoGuard®, the market-leading content protection solution from NDS, to secure its pay-TV satellite platforms in Germany and Austria.
News categories: NDS Group, Premiere, Austria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
News Corporation Increases Stake in German Pay-TV Operator, Premiere AG
Feb 21, 2008 – News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has secured additional shares in leading German pay-TV operator, Premiere AG, increasing its total stake to 19.9 percent.
News categories: News Corporation, Premiere AG, Digital TV, Germany, MandA, Satellite
News Corporation Acquires 14.58 Percent Interest in German Pay-TV Operator, Premiere AG
Jan 7, 2008 – News Corporation has announced that it has acquired a 14.58 percent stake in Premiere AG, the leading German pay-TV operator for 287 million Euro in cash.
News categories: News Corp, Premiere AG, Digital TV, Germany, MandA, Satellite
3rd quarter 2007: Premiere posts EBITDA of EUR 22.0 million and increases subscriber numbers to 4.17 million
Nov 6, 2007 – There was a clear increase in subscriber numbers quarter-on-quarter (3,473,174 on June 30): with a net growth of 700,221 customers in the 3rd quarter 2007, Premiere registered 4,173,395 subscribers as of September 30.
News categories: Premiere AG, Key figures Q3 2007, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand