Digital TV News: Publica
Telefónica to bid for full control of Telefónica Deutschland
Nov 8, 2023 – Telefónica has decided to make a public acquisition offer to the shareholders of Telefónica Deutschland to acquire the 28.19% of Telefónica Deutschland that it does not already own.
News categories: Telefónica, Telefónica Deutschland, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MandA
NetCologne extends IPTV contract with Zattoo
Oct 11, 2023 – NetCologne has extended its IPTV contract with Zattoo for another five years. The Cologne-based company has been using Zattoo's TV-as-a-service platform since 2016.
News categories: Zattoo, NetCologne, Jörg Meyer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
EU digital piracy up 3.3% in 2022
Sep 19, 2023 – A report from the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) shows that digital piracy increased by 3.3% in 2022. Pirated TV shows, series, films, and manga publications are largely behind the increase.
News categories: EUIPO, Christian Archambeau, Content Protection, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Semiconductor market extends record decline into fifth quarter
Jun 28, 2023 – According to Omdia, the semiconductor market declined in revenue for a fifth straight quarter in Q1 2023, the longest period of decline since Omdia began tracking the market in 2002.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Hispasat selects Enensys to monitor OTT video distribution platform
Apr 13, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced that Hispasat has selected TestTree StreamProbe OTT and TestTree EdgeProbe Advanced Satellite to supervise WAVE OTT PLUS, its white-label video distribution service.
News categories: ENENSYS, Hispasat, Bruno Tariant, Marco Antonio Rodriguez Flores, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, QoE, Streaming
DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
Mar 15, 2023 – The DVB has approved the publication of BlueBook A176r3, an update of the DVB-MABR specification, and BlueBook A181r1, an update to the implementation guidelines for the specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
HbbTV releases new version of core specification
Mar 14, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has published version 2.0.4 of its core specification. The three main highlights of the new version are voice assistant support, accessibility features and DVB-I integration.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification