Digital TV News: Publica
Future Today integrates Publica's server-side ad insertion technology
May 3, 2022 – Future Today has announced a collaboration with Publica (Nasdaq: IAS) to power its server-side ad insertion (SSAI). Publica's solution enables the seamless delivery of CTV advertising by stitching ads directly into the video stream.
News categories: Publica, Future Today, Ben Antier, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
Publica to power CTV header-bidding at VlogBox
Feb 22, 2022 – With Publica's ad-break decisioning technology for CTV, VlogBox has implemented a global header bidding strategy. VlogBox can now run a unified auction of direct and programmatic demand, connecting to over 30 of the world's leading SSPs.
News categories: Publica, VlogBox, Ben Antier, Nick Platonenko, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Over 5.5bn Matter-compliant Smart Home devices to ship between 2022 and 2030
Feb 8, 2022 – Between 2022 and the end of the decade, more than 5.5 billion Matter-compliant smart home devices will ship. The specification is expected to dominate the smart home landscape within five years, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
8K Association updates Certified 8K TV specification
Dec 23, 2021 – The 8K Association (8KA) has published an updated performance specification for the 8K Association Certified mark program. The updated specification adds new decoding requirements, new image quality metrics and a game mode.
News categories: 8K Association, KG Lee, Pete Sellar, Chris Chinnock, Ben Waggoner, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
OpenRTB 2.6 adds improvements to support CTV pod bidding
Dec 9, 2021 – IAB Tech Lab has released OpenRTB 2.6 for public comment for a 60-day period. The flagship feature of OpenRTB 2.6 is that it enables seamless buying of CTV inventory by introducing structured, dynamic, and hybrid ad pods.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Shailley Singh, James Wilhite, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
Nov 24, 2021 – DVB has approved specification updates that introduce capabilities to deliver 8K UHD video services. The updates, extending existing support for the HEVC codec, are the first in a series of additions planned for the DVB video coding specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
rlaxx TV selects Publica for CTV ad serving
Nov 16, 2021 – rlaxx TV has announced a partnership with Publica, enabling it to provide advertisers with buying techniques they have come to expect from linear TV, including competitive separation and the ability to purchase the first slot within ad pods.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Publica, Ronny Lutzi, Ben Antier, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report