Digital TV News: PwC
PwC completes audit of Finecast's delivery and reporting
Jan 13, 2020 – PwC has completed an audit of Finecast’s delivery and reporting of omnichannel addressable TV campaigns in the UK. Finecast is the first addressable TV advertising service provider to complete an external audit of this kind.
News categories: Finecast, PwC, Harry Harcus, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
£10bn growth forecast for UK entertainment & media sector by 2023
Jun 6, 2019 – The growing range of video streaming services available to viewers; demand for internet access and business spend on internet advertising will drive the UK’s entertainment and media sector to grow by £10bn over the next five years, according to PwC.
News categories: PwC, Mark Maitland, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Entertainment & Media - Now it’s getting personal
Jun 5, 2019 – According to PwC, consumers are embracing the expanding opportunities to enjoy media experiences tailored to their needs, and companies are designing offerings and business models to revolve around those personal preferences.
News categories: PwC, Wilson Chow, Ennèl van Eeden, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
Mar 19, 2019 – According to PwC, there is a revolution occurring in how consumers access entertainment and media. 38% of global consumers stream entertainment at least daily, and among Gen Z consumers, cord-cutting for entertainment is at more than 50%.
News categories: PwC, John Maxwell, Market Research, Worldwide
Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
Nov 8, 2018 – Massive Interactive (OTCBB:HUGE) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Deltatre. Deltatre will acquire Massive and its subsidiaries in a cash transaction valued at approximately USD $92 million.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deltatre, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Africa’s entertainment and media industry enters dynamic new era
Sep 19, 2018 – Africa’s entertainment and media (E&M) industry has entered a dynamic new phase - a third wave of convergence. The borders that once separated the E&M, technology and telecommunications industries are blurring in the battle for the attention of the consumer in a world that is rapidly digitising.
News categories: PwC, Vicki Myburgh, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania
UK entertainment & media sector to grow by £8bn over the next 4 years
Jun 6, 2018 – The UK Entertainment and Media sector will be worth £76bn by 2022, according to PwC. Overall, the market will grow by £8bn over the next four years, making the UK the second largest market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), after Germany.
News categories: PwC, Mark Maitland, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Mobile, Streaming, UK
PwC releases Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2018-2022
Jun 5, 2018 – According to PwC, the ongoing rapid evolution of the industry has entered a dynamic new phase. Amid growth that is broad-based and consistent three imperatives are affecting every company in the industry: convergence, connecting with consumers and the need to build trust.
News categories: PwC, Ennèl van Eeden, Christopher Vollmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Sky VR Studio selects Jaunt for immersive content distribution
Jan 8, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership for the Jaunt XR Platform with Sky. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label immersive content distribution solution. Sky VR Studio will use the technology to deliver content via its Sky VR app.
News categories: Jaunt, Sky, Dominic Collins, Gary Davey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, UK
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023