Digital TV News: RDK Management
Espial and RDK power advanceTV from Tele Columbus
Dec 5, 2016 – Espial and Tele Columbus have announced next January for availability of advanceTV, a 4K hybrid IP video service. advanceTV provides a combined TV and mobile-device experience including integration of maxdome SVOD services.
News categories: Espial, Tele Columbus, RDK Management, Jaison Dolvane, Ronny Verhelst, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Agama Technologies joins RDK community
Sep 10, 2016 – Agama has joined the Reference Design Kit (RDK) community as a licensee. The integration with the RDK pre-integrated software solution will broaden the applicability of Agama's assurance and analytics to RDK-powered set-top boxes.
News categories: Agama, RDK Management, Johan Görsjö, Jason Briggs, QoE, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ericsson announces MediaFirst TV Platform integration onto RDK
Sep 1, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced the integration of its cloud-based MediaFirst TV Platform with the RDK (Reference Design Kit), a pre-integrated software solution to power customer-premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: Ericsson, RDK Management, Shiva Patibanda, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NOS deploys Espial's G4 STB Client
Jun 7, 2016 – Espial has announced the deployment of a hybrid IP Video service by Portugal's NOS, powered by the Espial G4 STB Client. The service is Europe’s first deployment of the RDK 2.1 environment.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Market Research, RDK, USA
Guavus to offer RDK analytics
Apr 14, 2016 – Guavus has announced that it has joined the RDK Community as a licensee. Guavus' suite of operational analytics applications make it easy to draw together data collected from RDK set-top boxes, gateways and other devices.
News categories: Guavus, RDK Management, Gabriele Di Piazza, Steve Heeb, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
AirTies licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
Feb 18, 2016 – AirTies has announced that it has licensed the RDK (Reference Design Kit) in support of the RDK community’s newest initiative for broadband devices (RDK-B).
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Bulent Celebi, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Espial contributes HLS and DASH software to the RDK
Dec 1, 2015 – Espial has announced software contributions to the Reference Design Kit (RDK) code base for adaptive video streaming. The contributions enable HLS (Apple) and DASH (MPEG) streaming in a RDK environment, opening up OTT services to Pay TV operators.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kumanan Yogaratnam, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, OTT, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues