Digital TV News: Ready TV
Half of U.S. internet homes own a connected TV device
Aug 26, 2015 – According to The NPD Group, the CE industry reached a milestone in the second quarter with half of U.S. Internet homes now owning a Connected TV device. This includes connected TVs, video game consoles, streaming media players, and Blu-ray Disc players.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Global STB shipments fell 2% to 275 million units in 2014
Jul 28, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, STB shipments fell 2% to 275 million units in 2014, due to minimal growth or actual cut backs in key emerging markets, caused by economic factors or delays in government cable digitisation programs.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
DIRECTV first multi-channel video provider to deliver 4K Ultra HD VOD
Nov 13, 2014 – DIRECTV has announced that it will begin offering a variety of new releases, popular films and nature documentaries in 4K Ultra HD. DIRECTV has teamed up with Samsung as its exclusive CE 4K UHD launch partner.
News categories: DIRECTV, Samsung, Romulo Pontual, CES2023, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Anvia Selects ACCESS’ Solutions to Support Media Sharing on All Devices
Mar 13, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Anvia have announced that Anvia has selected ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0 and NetFront™ Living Connect to power its new line of High Definition Hybrid Set-Top-Boxes.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Anvia, Esa Wahlroos, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Polaroid launches 50" Roku Ready Smart TV
Jan 2, 2014 – At the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show, Polaroid will debut a 50” Smart TV that is Roku Ready® as well as a 50” Ultra HD 4K Television.
News categories: Polaroid, Scott W. Hardy, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
More than One in Five US Households Have a TV Connected to the Internet
Apr 27, 2012 – At least 21% of US households (approximately 27 million) have either an Internet-ready TV, game console, standalone Blu-ray player, and/or smart set-top box connected to their home network, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Dune HD Ships TV-301 Universal Media Player Globally and Offers TV-101 $49 Evaluation Promotion for Operators
Apr 16, 2012 – Dune HD has announced its IPTV-ready TV-301 universal media player and set-top box (STB), now in production. In support of operators seeking a low cost STB, Dune is offering for evaluation purposes, and a limited time, its TV-101 for $49.
News categories: Dune HD, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup