Digital TV News: Ready TV
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange
3D LCD TV Panel Shipments Grow 104% in Q1'11, DisplaySearch Reports
May 31, 2011 – According to DisplaySearch's latest Quarterly Large Area TFT LCD Shipment Report - Advanced LED+3D, 3D LCD TV panel shipments increased to 1.9 million units in Q1'11, jumping 104% Q/Q.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
EchoStar Europe Launches the World's First Freesat+ DVR With SlingLoaded® TV Anywhere
Mar 22, 2011 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ:SATS) has announced their SlingLoaded® HDS-600RS, the world's first HD digital video recorder to combine Freesat+ features with Sling Media's unique place-shifting ability, enabling TV anywhere, on all popular smartphones and tablets.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Sling Media, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
More Than A Third of U.S. Homes Will Buy 3DTV in Next Three Years
Mar 21, 2011 – Ownership of 3DTVs will accelerate rapidly over the next three years, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics. The report predicts that 34 percent of US homes will own a 3D-ready TV by 2014.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA, Video Exchange
UK leading the way in new TV technologies
Dec 2, 2010 – Ofcom's fifth International Communications Market report into the global communications market looks at take-up, availability and use of broadband, landlines, mobiles, TV and radio in 17 countries. The UK and Spain lead the way in digital TV take-up.
News categories: Ofcom, Australia, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, DVR, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Metaverse, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK, USA
3D-Enabled Mobile Devices to Surpass 60 Million Units by 2014
Nov 30, 2010 – The major movie studios are taking 3D content from cinemas to the home as TV manufacturers ship increasing numbers of 3D-ready TVs. The trend is enabling the next evolution of 3D: 3D on mobile devices.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Mobile
Logitech Delivers Google TV to Living Rooms Across the U.S.
Oct 6, 2010 – Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) has worked with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) on a line of products designed to create the best Google TV experience for the millions of U.S. households with an HDMI-ready TV.
News categories: Logitech, Google TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
3D TV Shipments to Approach 50 Million in 2015
Oct 6, 2010 – The 3D TV market will spend the next couple of years establishing itself and accumulating a base of content and devices (both TVs and Blu-ray players). In 2013, according to ABI Research, market growth will start to accelerate.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
SmarDTV Launches SmarCAM-3 Italia HD Conditional Access Module For Italy HD Services
Sep 10, 2010 – SmarDTV (SIX: KUD.S) has announced the availability of a new HD CAM for Italy. SmarCAM-3 Italia HD offers TV subscribers the ability to watch their high definition programs directly on their HDTV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Content Protection, IBC2022, Italy, Terrestrial
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden