Digital TV News: Red Bee
OyaWatch TV launched in Nigeria on Red Bee's OTT platform
Feb 9, 2021 – OyaWatch TV is a Nigerian subscription based streaming service that launched on February 5th on Red Bee Media’s OTT platform. It includes a wide variety of content distributed through the Red Bee Channel Store.
News categories: Red Bee Media, OyaWatch, Steve Nylund, Ronaldo Minaise, Apps, Digital TV, Nigeria, OTT
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Sep 15, 2020 – Red Bee Media has renewed its deal with Dotscreen to deliver metadata for Dotscreen applications. Red Bee's metadata portfolio offers access to a database of 10+ million assets as well as recommendation technology.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, Madelene Gustavsson, Stanislas Leridon, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
SportsTribal TV streaming service powered by Red Bee Media
Aug 26, 2020 – SportsTribal TV is a free ad-supported streaming service, offering a range of sports-based entertainment channels from around the world. The service is powered by Red Bee Media’s managed OTT platform.
News categories: Red Bee Media, SportsTribal TV, Steve Nylund, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Red Bee provides channels for Youfone TV offering
May 12, 2020 – Red Bee is providing channel distribution services for Dutch independent telecom provider Youfone. Through the Red Bee 'Channel Store', Youfone is creating television bundles with news, sports and entertainment for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Red Bee, Youfone, Josbert van Rooijen, Valentijn Rensing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results