Digital TV News: Red Bee
Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
Jun 9, 2021 – Red Bee Media has announced that Síminn is using its Channel Store service to create television bundles, with live and on-demand content, and deliver these to its IPTV subscribers in Iceland.
News categories: Red Bee, Síminn, David van Kemenade, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
Apr 6, 2021 – Ekstraklasa, the Polish top tier football league, has chosen Red Bee Media as technology partner for the development of its Ekstraklasa.TV streaming platform. The evolution of Ekstraklasa.TV will commence this season.
News categories: Red Bee, Ekstraklasa, Steve Nylund, Marcin Animucki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Worldwide
OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
Mar 4, 2021 – SportsTribal TV is the free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service specializing in sports. Using Stoneroos’s white-label OTT NOW! front-end solution SportsTribal TV ensured a fast time-to-market for the service.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
OyaWatch TV launched in Nigeria on Red Bee's OTT platform
Feb 9, 2021 – OyaWatch TV is a Nigerian subscription based streaming service that launched on February 5th on Red Bee Media’s OTT platform. It includes a wide variety of content distributed through the Red Bee Channel Store.
News categories: Red Bee Media, OyaWatch, Steve Nylund, Ronaldo Minaise, Apps, Digital TV, Nigeria, OTT
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Sep 15, 2020 – Red Bee Media has renewed its deal with Dotscreen to deliver metadata for Dotscreen applications. Red Bee's metadata portfolio offers access to a database of 10+ million assets as well as recommendation technology.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, Madelene Gustavsson, Stanislas Leridon, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
SportsTribal TV streaming service powered by Red Bee Media
Aug 26, 2020 – SportsTribal TV is a free ad-supported streaming service, offering a range of sports-based entertainment channels from around the world. The service is powered by Red Bee Media’s managed OTT platform.
News categories: Red Bee Media, SportsTribal TV, Steve Nylund, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Red Bee provides channels for Youfone TV offering
May 12, 2020 – Red Bee is providing channel distribution services for Dutch independent telecom provider Youfone. Through the Red Bee 'Channel Store', Youfone is creating television bundles with news, sports and entertainment for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Red Bee, Youfone, Josbert van Rooijen, Valentijn Rensing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian