Digital TV News: Red Bee Media
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Sep 15, 2020 – Red Bee Media has renewed its deal with Dotscreen to deliver metadata for Dotscreen applications. Red Bee's metadata portfolio offers access to a database of 10+ million assets as well as recommendation technology.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, Madelene Gustavsson, Stanislas Leridon, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
SportsTribal TV streaming service powered by Red Bee Media
Aug 26, 2020 – SportsTribal TV is a free ad-supported streaming service, offering a range of sports-based entertainment channels from around the world. The service is powered by Red Bee Media’s managed OTT platform.
News categories: Red Bee Media, SportsTribal TV, Steve Nylund, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, Streaming, Worldwide
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Zixi partners with Red Bee Media for video delivery over IP
Apr 3, 2019 – Zixi has announced a partnership with Red Bee Media to enable distribution of video content over IP to Red Bee Media's customers worldwide. Every year, Red Bee Media delivers more than 4-million hours of programming in more than 60-languages for over 500 TV channels.
News categories: Zixi, Red Bee Media, John Wastcoat, Kristian Langbridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Ericsson sells 51% of Media Solutions to One Equity Partners
Jan 31, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has concluded the review of strategic opportunities for its media business. Media Solutions has been sold to One Equity Partners, with Ericsson retaining 49% of the shares. Ericsson will continue to develop Red Bee Media themselves.
News categories: Ericsson, One Equity Partners, Börje Ekholm, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update