Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
Netflix Now Has Over 30 Million Streaming Members Globally
Oct 25, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) now has more than 30 million streaming members globally, including over 25 million in the US. Netflix hit the 10 million member milestone in 2009, a decade after it launched its DVD-by-mail service.
News categories: Netflix, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Netflix hits one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland
Aug 20, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has hit the one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland within seven months, faster than in any other territory it has launched, four times faster than it took Twitter to hit one million users globally.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Netflix Launches in The United Kingdom And Ireland
Jan 9, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland, offering instant and unlimited access to a broad range of entertainment for the monthly price of 5.99 Pounds Sterling in the UK and euro 6.99 in Ireland.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Netflix Streaming Now Available on Nintendo 3DS Hand-Held Systems
Jul 14, 2011 – Nintendo 3DS™ (Tokyo:7974) owners across the United States and Canada can download a free application that allows Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.
News categories: Nintendo, Netflix, Canada, Games Console, OTT, USA
Netflix Launches Canadian Service for Streaming Movies and TV Episodes Over the Internet
Sep 22, 2010 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has announced the first availability of its service outside the United States, with an offering that allows Canadians to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix to TVs and computers.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Canada, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Movies, TV Episodes Streamed Instantly from Netflix Headed to Nintendo's Wii Console This Spring
Jan 13, 2010 – Nintendo and Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) have announced an agreement that will allow Netflix members who are also owners of Nintendo's Wii™ home console to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix directly to their TVs.
News categories: Netflix, Nintendo, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Netflix Partners With Sony to Stream Movies to BRAVIA TVs
Jul 9, 2009 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced a partnership with Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) that will enable Netflix subscribers to instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix on Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video-capable HDTVs.
News categories: Netflix, Sony, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Netflix Passes 10 Million Subscribers, With 600,000 Net Additions Since the First of the Year
Feb 12, 2009 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has announced that it has surpassed 10 million subscribers, a milestone that reflects the widespread and growing appeal of the company's service.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, DVD, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria