Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
PlayStation®3 becomes top platform for Netflix living room viewing
Dec 4, 2012 – Sony and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) is now the primary development platform for Netflix and is the world's most popular device for viewing movies and TV shows from Netflix on a television.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Netflix, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix Now Has Over 30 Million Streaming Members Globally
Oct 25, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) now has more than 30 million streaming members globally, including over 25 million in the US. Netflix hit the 10 million member milestone in 2009, a decade after it launched its DVD-by-mail service.
News categories: Netflix, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Netflix hits one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland
Aug 20, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has hit the one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland within seven months, faster than in any other territory it has launched, four times faster than it took Twitter to hit one million users globally.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Netflix Launches in The United Kingdom And Ireland
Jan 9, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland, offering instant and unlimited access to a broad range of entertainment for the monthly price of 5.99 Pounds Sterling in the UK and euro 6.99 in Ireland.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Netflix Streaming Now Available on Nintendo 3DS Hand-Held Systems
Jul 14, 2011 – Nintendo 3DS™ (Tokyo:7974) owners across the United States and Canada can download a free application that allows Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.
News categories: Nintendo, Netflix, Canada, Gaming, OTT, USA
Netflix Launches Canadian Service for Streaming Movies and TV Episodes Over the Internet
Sep 22, 2010 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has announced the first availability of its service outside the United States, with an offering that allows Canadians to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix to TVs and computers.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Canada, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Movies, TV Episodes Streamed Instantly from Netflix Headed to Nintendo's Wii Console This Spring
Jan 13, 2010 – Nintendo and Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) have announced an agreement that will allow Netflix members who are also owners of Nintendo's Wii™ home console to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix directly to their TVs.
News categories: Netflix, Nintendo, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Netflix Partners With Sony to Stream Movies to BRAVIA TVs
Jul 9, 2009 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced a partnership with Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) that will enable Netflix subscribers to instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix on Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video-capable HDTVs.
News categories: Netflix, Sony, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting