Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
PlayStation®3 becomes top platform for Netflix living room viewing
Dec 4, 2012 – Sony and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) is now the primary development platform for Netflix and is the world's most popular device for viewing movies and TV shows from Netflix on a television.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Netflix, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix Now Has Over 30 Million Streaming Members Globally
Oct 25, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) now has more than 30 million streaming members globally, including over 25 million in the US. Netflix hit the 10 million member milestone in 2009, a decade after it launched its DVD-by-mail service.
News categories: Netflix, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Netflix hits one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland
Aug 20, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has hit the one million member milestone in the UK and Ireland within seven months, faster than in any other territory it has launched, four times faster than it took Twitter to hit one million users globally.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Subscribers, UK
Netflix Launches in The United Kingdom And Ireland
Jan 9, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland, offering instant and unlimited access to a broad range of entertainment for the monthly price of 5.99 Pounds Sterling in the UK and euro 6.99 in Ireland.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Netflix Streaming Now Available on Nintendo 3DS Hand-Held Systems
Jul 14, 2011 – Nintendo 3DS™ (Tokyo:7974) owners across the United States and Canada can download a free application that allows Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.
News categories: Nintendo, Netflix, Canada, Gaming, OTT, USA
Netflix Launches Canadian Service for Streaming Movies and TV Episodes Over the Internet
Sep 22, 2010 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has announced the first availability of its service outside the United States, with an offering that allows Canadians to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix to TVs and computers.
News categories: Netflix, Blu-ray, Canada, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Movies, TV Episodes Streamed Instantly from Netflix Headed to Nintendo's Wii Console This Spring
Jan 13, 2010 – Nintendo and Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX) have announced an agreement that will allow Netflix members who are also owners of Nintendo's Wii™ home console to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix directly to their TVs.
News categories: Netflix, Nintendo, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Netflix Partners With Sony to Stream Movies to BRAVIA TVs
Jul 9, 2009 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced a partnership with Sony Electronics (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) that will enable Netflix subscribers to instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix on Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video-capable HDTVs.
News categories: Netflix, Sony, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering