Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
Netflix Passes 10 Million Subscribers, With 600,000 Net Additions Since the First of the Year
Feb 12, 2009 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has announced that it has surpassed 10 million subscribers, a milestone that reflects the widespread and growing appeal of the company's service.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, DVD, OTT, Subscribers, USA
LG Electronics First to Unveil 'Broadband HDTVs' That Instantly Stream Movies From Netflix
Jan 5, 2009 – LG Electronics has extended its groundbreaking partnership with Netflix, as the two companies announced the first broadband-enabled HDTVs with Netflix streaming software embedded directly in the TV, requiring no external device.
News categories: Netflix, LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
TiVo and Netflix announce partnership to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV through TiVo DVRs
Oct 30, 2008 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) are teaming up to provide Netflix and TiVo® Series3, TiVo HD, and TiVo HD XL subscribers with the ability to have movies and TV episodes instantly streamed from Netflix directly to their TVs.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Netflix, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Netflix and Samsung Partner to Instantly Stream Movies on Next Generation Blu-ray Disc Players
Oct 23, 2008 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Samsung Electronics America have announced a partnership to offer consumers the ability to stream movies and TV episodes from the Netflix web site directly to Samsung BD-P2500 and BD-P2550 Blu-ray disc players.
News categories: Netflix, Samsung Electronics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
LG Announces First Blu-ray Disc Player With Capability to Instantly Stream Movies From Netflix to the TV
Jul 31, 2008 – LG Electronics and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced plans for the first Blu-ray disc player that will have the added benefit of being able to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Roku Announces the Netflix Player by Roku
May 20, 2008 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Roku have announced the introduction of The Netflix Player by Roku™, a device that enables Netflix subscribers to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
LG Electronics and Netflix Announce Plan to Stream Movies From the Internet to the TV
Jan 3, 2008 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) and LG Electronics have announced that they are joining forces to develop a set-top box for consumers to stream movies and other programming from the Internet to HDTVs -- bypassing the need to use a personal computer.
News categories: LG Electronics, Netflix, Broadband, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026