Digital TV News: Rich Redmond
GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
Nov 21, 2019 – GatesAir has received a TV transmission order from Doordarshan to strengthen analog UHF television coverage in the Jammu region. The transmitters allow Doordarshan to convert the transmitters to DVB-T2 or DVB-T2-Lite at any time.
News categories: GatesAir, Doordarshan, Rich Redmond, D P Singh, Content Distribution, India, Terrestrial
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver