Digital TV News: Richard Lindsay-Davies
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview UK embarks on an all HD future
Dec 22, 2016 – High definition TV will become the norm in the UK from 1st January 2017 as the Freeview logo is withdrawn from new SD TVs and set-top boxes. Freeview is the UK’s most widely used TV service, currently watched in 19m homes.
News categories: Freeview, DTG, Guy North, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 9 DTT specification
Nov 3, 2016 – The DTG’s D-Book 9 introduces recommended guidelines for products delivering free-to-air DTT content within the home network. Representing thousands of man hours of work by contributors from across the industry this annual update replaces D-Book 8.
News categories: DTG, Digital UK, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Pete Sellar, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
HbbTV 2.0 updated for UK and Italy deployments
Apr 18, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced the immediate availability of HbbTV 2.0.1. This update of the 2.0 specification adds a small number of features necessary for the broad adoption of HbbTV in Italian and UK markets.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview trade mark licence to be granted only for HD products
Sep 24, 2015 – UK Freeview has announced that the Freeview Trade Mark Licence will only be granted for HD products from the end of 2016. Freeview, alongside Digital UK and the DTG, has been working with television manufacturers and retailers to encourage the take-up of HD.
News categories: Freeview, DTG, Guy North, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 8
Mar 27, 2015 – The DTG has released D-Book 8, providing tools to support Freeview Play and manage the Ofcom-announced 700MHz clearance. The D-Book also includes support for software updates via broadband, smart retuning and possible HEVC broadcasts.
News categories: DTG, Digital UK, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding