Digital TV News: Richard Lindsay-Davies
DTG release D-Book 12.5 requirements for UK DTT
Nov 2, 2020 – The DTG has released the latest version of its D-Book which sets out the technical interoperability requirements for digital terrestrial TV in the UK, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview UK embarks on an all HD future
Dec 22, 2016 – High definition TV will become the norm in the UK from 1st January 2017 as the Freeview logo is withdrawn from new SD TVs and set-top boxes. Freeview is the UK’s most widely used TV service, currently watched in 19m homes.
News categories: Freeview, DTG, Guy North, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 9 DTT specification
Nov 3, 2016 – The DTG’s D-Book 9 introduces recommended guidelines for products delivering free-to-air DTT content within the home network. Representing thousands of man hours of work by contributors from across the industry this annual update replaces D-Book 8.
News categories: DTG, Digital UK, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Pete Sellar, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
HbbTV 2.0 updated for UK and Italy deployments
Apr 18, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced the immediate availability of HbbTV 2.0.1. This update of the 2.0 specification adds a small number of features necessary for the broad adoption of HbbTV in Italian and UK markets.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview trade mark licence to be granted only for HD products
Sep 24, 2015 – UK Freeview has announced that the Freeview Trade Mark Licence will only be granted for HD products from the end of 2016. Freeview, alongside Digital UK and the DTG, has been working with television manufacturers and retailers to encourage the take-up of HD.
News categories: Freeview, DTG, Guy North, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK's DTG releases D-Book 8
Mar 27, 2015 – The DTG has released D-Book 8, providing tools to support Freeview Play and manage the Ofcom-announced 700MHz clearance. The D-Book also includes support for software updates via broadband, smart retuning and possible HEVC broadcasts.
News categories: DTG, Digital UK, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV