Digital TV News: RiksTV
RiksTV Uses Ekioh Engines to Launch OTT Services in Norway
Nov 20, 2012 – Ekioh has announced that RiksTV have launched a range of new services in Norway using Ekioh's SVG & HTML engines. The Ekioh engines are at the heart of two new digital hybrid set-top boxes manufactured by Strong which are being sold to Norwegian customers through the retail market.
News categories: Ekioh, RiksTV, Strong Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers mid-period update on its 2008 second half business
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast Holdings (SIX: ADBN) has reported an update on the development of its business. The order book for the year is full, driven mostly by a continued strong operator demand and a favourable product mix.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Blu-ray, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
ADB And Grundig Enable The Launch Of First Norwegian Push-VOD Offering By RiksTV
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply its DVB-T PVR platform to the Norwegian market under its agreement with Grundig. The DTR 8860 VOD is the first-to-market to fully support RiksTV's push-VOD service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Grundig, RiksTV, Osmosys, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Norway - RiksTV reaches 250,000 subscribers
Sep 16, 2008 – Only just over a year after the start of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service, RiksTV is halfway to its goal of 500,000 subscribers. Yesterday the RiksTV total reached 250,000 customers.
News categories: RiksTV, Digital TV, Norway, Subscribers, Terrestrial
RiksTV Selects Osmosys Push VOD Solution for the Nordic DTT Market
Sep 11, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX:ADBN) has announced that its Push VOD solution has been selected by RiksTV, the Norwegian DTT operator, to power its on-demand programming.
News categories: Osmosys, RiksTV, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Norway, Terrestrial
Norges televisjon (NTV) approves first PVR for DTT
Jul 9, 2008 – Norges televisjon (NTV) has approved the first personal video recorder (PVR) for use with its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service.
News categories: Norges televisjon, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Terrestrial
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers