Digital TV News: RiksTV
RiksTV Uses Ekioh Engines to Launch OTT Services in Norway
Nov 20, 2012 – Ekioh has announced that RiksTV have launched a range of new services in Norway using Ekioh's SVG & HTML engines. The Ekioh engines are at the heart of two new digital hybrid set-top boxes manufactured by Strong which are being sold to Norwegian customers through the retail market.
News categories: Ekioh, RiksTV, Strong Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers mid-period update on its 2008 second half business
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast Holdings (SIX: ADBN) has reported an update on the development of its business. The order book for the year is full, driven mostly by a continued strong operator demand and a favourable product mix.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Blu-ray, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
ADB And Grundig Enable The Launch Of First Norwegian Push-VOD Offering By RiksTV
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply its DVB-T PVR platform to the Norwegian market under its agreement with Grundig. The DTR 8860 VOD is the first-to-market to fully support RiksTV's push-VOD service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Grundig, RiksTV, Osmosys, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Norway - RiksTV reaches 250,000 subscribers
Sep 16, 2008 – Only just over a year after the start of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service, RiksTV is halfway to its goal of 500,000 subscribers. Yesterday the RiksTV total reached 250,000 customers.
News categories: RiksTV, Digital TV, Norway, Subscribers, Terrestrial
RiksTV Selects Osmosys Push VOD Solution for the Nordic DTT Market
Sep 11, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX:ADBN) has announced that its Push VOD solution has been selected by RiksTV, the Norwegian DTT operator, to power its on-demand programming.
News categories: Osmosys, RiksTV, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Norway, Terrestrial
Norges televisjon (NTV) approves first PVR for DTT
Jul 9, 2008 – Norges televisjon (NTV) has approved the first personal video recorder (PVR) for use with its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service.
News categories: Norges televisjon, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Terrestrial
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads