Digital TV News: Robi
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
Peloton introduces 'Peloton Guide' TV fitness device
Nov 9, 2021 – Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) has announced its first connected strength product, Peloton Guide. The AI-enabled device connects to televisions, providing Members with access to a suite of expert Instructors and the Peloton content library.
News categories: Peloton, Tom Cortese, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
TV Anywhere and UniqCast power GloTV launch in Nigeria
Sep 4, 2021 – TV Anywhere Africa has partnered with Globacom to launch GloTV in Nigeria. UniqCast provided an OTT platform as part of the turnkey solution, enabling the TV Anywhere service offering.
News categories: UniqCast, TV Anywhere Africa, Globacom, Darko Robic, Obafemi Banigbe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Streaming
Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
Aug 2, 2021 – MiME, an ISP in Bangladesh, has selected UniqCast's IPTV/OTT solution to power OTT and IPTV services for its broadband subscribers. MiME will now be able to offer double play services with a premium TV experience.
News categories: UniqCast, MiME/DigiCon, Benchmark Broadcast, Darko Robic, Mahmoud Ulhaq, Ramesh Babu, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
HUAWEI Cloud using ATEME transcoders for live sports in Brazil
May 25, 2021 – ATEME has announced that HUAWEI Cloud is using ATEME transcoders in Brazil to support the Huawei Elastic Cloud Server (ECS) platform, which offers an application environment for streaming live OTT events.
News categories: ATEME, Huawei, Luis Silva, Fernando Penna, Binro Duan, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Azuri offers solar-powered TV and DStv STB package in Kenya
Mar 24, 2021 – Azuri Technologies and MultiChoice have partnered to bring DStv content to off-grid households in Kenya. The deal bundles Azuri's TV400 32" solar powered TV and household energy solution, with a DStv HD decoder.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, MultiChoice, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Nancy Matimu, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Azuri announces 'always on' PAYG solar TV for Kenya
Nov 4, 2020 – Azuri Technologies has announced its latest generation of PayGo solar powered TV, the TV400. The product combines a solar power system with a 32" TV, allowing all day viewing as well as for at least 10 hours at night.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Smart TV
Binge digital entertainment platform launches in Bangladesh
May 22, 2020 – RedDot Digital has launched Binge, Bangladesh's largest digital entertainment platform. Binge is accessible through Android smartphones as well as in smart TVs. There is also a dedicated Binge device.
News categories: Robi, Genex Infosys, Dr. Asif Naimur Rashid, Apps, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
Feb 25, 2020 – Telikom PNG has partnered with UniqCast to offer triple play services including TV in Papua New Guinea. UniqCast, with system integrator, Benchmark Broadcast, has provided content and subscriber management, streaming servers and a client application for Android TV STBs.
News categories: UniqCast, Telikom PNG, Benchmark Broadcast, Darko Robič, Xavier Victor, Ramesh Babu, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Melanesia, Set Top Box, UX
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification