Digital TV News: Robin Mersh
China outstrips France to take top ranking in IPTV
Mar 21, 2012 – IPTV's best quarter ever saw net additions of 3.68 million to finish the year with more than 58.2 million subscribers worldwide. Europe is still the top region but China has outstripped France for the top country spot, according to the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Hybrid FTTx leads the growth in broadband access
Feb 15, 2012 – As IPTV approaches 55 million subscribers globally, it is Europe that still holds the strongest position for IPTV. The latest deployment information shows that operators are increasingly turning to fiber to meet the needs of the well-connected home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers up 6% in 3Q 2011 to 54.4 million
Jan 12, 2012 – Latest broadband and IPTV figures published by the Broadband Forum show that IPTV subscribers grew by 6.06% in the third quarter of 2011 and now total 54.4 million globally. Asia is the fastest growing region for IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV Now Serves More Than 50 Million Customers Worldwide
Sep 27, 2011 – The Broadband and IPTV Growth Report presented at the Broadband World Forum in Paris, shows that 51M customers now subscribe to IPTV services worldwide, with France in the lead as top IPTV country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, BBWF, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Fastest Global Broadband Growth Since 2009
Jun 21, 2011 – With an increase of over 15.2 million subscribers in the first three months of this year, fixed broadband grew by 2.9% representing an annual growth rate of 11.93%, according to figures announced by the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV Passes 40 Million Subscriber Milestone
Jan 6, 2011 – According to figures from Point Topic announced by the Broadband Forum, the total number of IPTV subscribers worldwide now stands at 41.9 million, representing a growth of 7.3% in the three months to end September and 36.7% growth in the last 12 months.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Broadband Passes 500 Million Subscribers
Sep 20, 2010 – Broadband has taken a significant step forward as the number of subscriber lines passed the 500 million mark in July 2010. In the second quarter 2.3 million IPTV subscribers were added, making over 38.5 million people using IPTV at the end of Q2 2010.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Spain, USA
Global IPTV subscribers grow 8% in Q1 2010
Jun 16, 2010 – Broadband subscription growth took an upswing during the first quarter of 2010. The Broadband Forum figures show that the number of IPTV subscribers grew to 36.3 million. China and the USA are the top two countries for both broadband and IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Russia, Spain, Subscribers, USA
ADB and Mariner Provide Proactive Service Monitoring Solution
Mar 22, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) and Mariner have unveiled a solution to enable proactive pay-TV service monitoring which increases the quality of subscribers' experience and reduces operator costs.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Mariner, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC