Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
Entropic Selected for DIRECTV Home Networking Deployments
Jan 25, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its silicon has been selected by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) for integration into set-top boxes (STB) that deliver coax-based networking capabilities such as multi-room viewing.
News categories: Entropic Communications, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV and RealD Work Together to Deliver 3D Content to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and RealD are currently working together to deliver high-definition 3D movies and TV programming via satellite to DIRECTV subscribers. The delivery of RealD Format content works with existing HD set-top boxes.
News categories: RealD, DIRECTV, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, VR
DIRECTV Extends Partnership with NDS
Dec 5, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has signed an agreement with DIRECTV to extend the term of their relationship. NDS has been contracted to continue to provide conditional access technology and services to DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America until June 2013.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Intellon to Provide HomePlug®1.0 with Turbo Solution for Broadband Connectivity for DIRECTV On Demand Service
Aug 27, 2007 – Intellon Corporation has announced that its HomePlug 1.0 with Turbo powerline communications IC will provide No New Wires® connectivity for DIRECTV's video on demand service that is scheduled to launch this fall.
News categories: Intellon, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way