Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
Entropic Selected for DIRECTV Home Networking Deployments
Jan 25, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its silicon has been selected by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) for integration into set-top boxes (STB) that deliver coax-based networking capabilities such as multi-room viewing.
News categories: Entropic Communications, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV and RealD Work Together to Deliver 3D Content to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and RealD are currently working together to deliver high-definition 3D movies and TV programming via satellite to DIRECTV subscribers. The delivery of RealD Format content works with existing HD set-top boxes.
News categories: RealD, DIRECTV, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, VR
DIRECTV Extends Partnership with NDS
Dec 5, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has signed an agreement with DIRECTV to extend the term of their relationship. NDS has been contracted to continue to provide conditional access technology and services to DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America until June 2013.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Intellon to Provide HomePlug®1.0 with Turbo Solution for Broadband Connectivity for DIRECTV On Demand Service
Aug 27, 2007 – Intellon Corporation has announced that its HomePlug 1.0 with Turbo powerline communications IC will provide No New Wires® connectivity for DIRECTV's video on demand service that is scheduled to launch this fall.
News categories: Intellon, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership