Digital TV News: Roy Morgan
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Netflix on verge of 2 million viewers in New Zealand
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, Netflix is growing even faster in New Zealand than across the Tasman in Australia. Nearly 2 million New Zealanders in the June 2018 quarter had a Netflix subscription in their household – up over 35% on a year ago.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, OTT, Subscribers
Netflix set to pass 10 million user mark in Australia
Aug 3, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, Netflix has continued its impressive growth over the last year with over 9.8 million Australians in the June 2018 quarter now having a Netflix subscription in their household – up nearly 30% on a year ago.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Australians spending more time online than working
Jul 23, 2018 – According to Roy Morgan Research, in the past year, Australians spent more time on the internet than working, spending just over 21.9 billion hours on the internet compared to 20.5 billion hours at work.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Addressable TV will challenge existing attitudes to TV advertising
Jul 3, 2018 – TV has been eclipsed by the internet as the largest advertising medium in Australia. According to Roy Morgan in late 2017 nearly half of Australia’s advertising spend was online. Addressable TV will, however, enable broadcasters to fight back.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Nearly 40% of Kiwis now have S-VOD in the home
Mar 1, 2017 – Over a million New Zealanders now have Netflix, but Lightbox is the faster growing Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) provider, according to Roy Morgan Research.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Norman Morris, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, OTT, Subscribers
Australian Netflix subscribers still watch (some) commercial TV
Jan 31, 2017 – According to Roy Morgan, Netflix subscribers in Australia watch less commercial TV than others - but not simply because they have now have SVOD. Many subscribers were already watching less commercial TV, which was a driving reason to subscribe in the first place.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Netflix subs rise in Australia - but not everyone actually watches it
Dec 1, 2016 – A second wind has lifted Netflix’s Australian audience, according to Roy Morgan Research. However while its reach is again rising, data reveals that over four in ten people with Netflix watch less than three hours a week.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
More Australians now have SVOD than Foxtel
Sep 8, 2016 – Whether it’s dozens of extra channels, streaming on demand, or internet TV through a set-top box, half of Australians now have paid television options in the home, Roy Morgan Research shows—and on-demand subscriptions have just overtaken Foxtel’s broadcast Pay TV.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform