Digital TV News: S4C
Half of UK homes now subscribe to TV streaming services
Aug 7, 2019 – Around half of all UK homes now subscribe to TV streaming services according to Ofcom’s Media Nations report. The number of UK households signed up to the most popular streaming platforms increased from 11.2m (39%) in 2018 to 13.3m (47%) in 2019.
News categories: Ofcom, Yih-Choung Teh, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Humax launches 500GB YouView box in the UK
Jul 14, 2014 – YouView has announced the launch of a new set-top box from Humax. The Humax YouView DTR-T2000 / 500GB is the most compact and fastest box from the YouView Humax range to date and is priced at £199.
News categories: YouView, Humax, Graham North, David Faulkner, Digital TV, DVR, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BT launches the smallest YouView+ box yet
Feb 25, 2014 – BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its YouView+ set-top box. The design of the new YouView+ box aligns with the rest of the BT devices family including the BT Home Hub 4 and Hub 5.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Humax selects ANT Galio Platform to deliver Sky Player
Sep 13, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has selected ANT to deliver a Sky Player implementation for use with its Freeview HD products. ANT's implementation of the Sky Player was developed in collaboration with BSkyB (LSE:BSY).
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Sky Player, Freeview, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
UK consumers switch on to HD
Apr 7, 2010 – An increasing number of UK TV viewers are switching on to high definition television services, according to new Ofcom research. Ofcom's latest Digital Progress Report reveals that sales of HD ready TVs reached almost 23 million by the end of 2009.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Wales becomes UK's first digital nation
Mar 31, 2010 – Wales has become the UK's first digital nation as the final analogue TV signals around Cardiff were switched off for good, signalling the dawn of an all-digital era for the country.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
New Grundig and Goodmans Freeview HD Digital Set Top Boxes
Mar 30, 2010 – Harvard International (LSE:HAR) has announced the launch of Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Digital Set Top Boxes under its Grundig and Goodmans brand names.
News categories: Harvard International, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022