Digital TV News: SARFT
Qualcomm Atheros Launches TDMA Software and EoC Return-Path Chipset for Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced optimized time division multiple access (TDMA) software for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) applications and Qualcomm Atheros' first entry-level EoC solution, the QCA6411 chipset, for Chinese MSOs.
News categories: Atheros, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Gateway, ICs, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
RDA Microelectronics Introduces CMMB Mobile TV Chip for TD-SCDMA
Nov 17, 2011 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced the introduction of its RDA5891 CMMB Mobile TV SoC for TD-SCDMA handsets and smartphones. RDA's CMMB single-chip integrates the RF tuner, demodulator, UAM (User Authentication Module) and CPU.
News categories: RDA Micro, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
China's SARFT developing Smart TV middleware
Aug 24, 2011 – China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television's (SARFT) has announced that SARFT is currently developing smart TV operating system middleware called 'TV-OS'.
News categories: SARFT, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
China DTH satellite TV trial to begin in July
Jun 23, 2011 – China's State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT) is to begin a DTH satellite TV trial on July 20th in Ningxia. 10,000 receivers with smart cards have been distributed in the region free-of-charge to allow access to the service.
News categories: SARFT, CAM, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
SARFT to buy 6 million CMMB terminals in 2011
Apr 20, 2011 – China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has said that China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) plans to purchase 6 million China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) stand-alone terminals in 2011.
News categories: SARFT, China, Market Research, Mobile, Portable
Trident Set-Top Box SoCs Selected for China's First NGB Trial Deployments
Mar 24, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that its set-top box system-on-chips (SoCs) are powering one of the first trial deployments of Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) in China.
News categories: Trident Micro, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
China cable TV to be all-digital by 2015
Mar 23, 2011 – China aims to move all of its cable television networks above the county level to digital by 2015. At the end of last year, there were 187 million cable TV subscribers in the country with only 88 million already digital.
News categories: SARFT, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
10 million subscribers for CMMB in China
Mar 1, 2011 – China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) has said that China Mobile's (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) CMMB mobile phone TV service, available in 331 cities across the country, has a user base approaching 10 million.
News categories: SARFT, China Mobile, China, Mobile, Subscribers
China DTV subscribers reach 88 million
Feb 14, 2011 – According to the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) the number of DTV subscribers in China reached 87.98 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: SARFT, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021